I have to know...

Options
2»

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Hi! I could help you better if you make your diary public. If you're eating over your calories, it is either because, you are not eating enough calories, therefore you are still hungry, or because you are not eating healthy foods, and not eating enough fruits and veggies. You really need to eat back atleast most of your exercise cal's. MFP sets our calories rather low, so the best way to get more calories to eat, is by exercising. Good luck, and feel free to add me! BTW, if neither of those options applied, then you could just be having a bad day, they do happen! We just have to learn from our mistakes, figure out where we went wrong, and keep truckin'! Lol. :happy:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is NOT STRESS over it. Stress- not the amount of calories you consumed-it's what will slow down your progress. Nothing harms your body like stress does. Not even deliciously bad for you pizza :-)

So true! I am still learning this! Lol
  • kittykinsqt
    kittykinsqt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I was starting out with this weight loss stuff, I read an article from a personal trainer (and I'm sorry that I can't remember the name) who basically said that for 6 days a week, you stay on track, but that 7th day is yours to enjoy anything you like. I think he called it a cheat day - and it's what I call them (or alternatively "I Don't Care Days"). His argument was that if you are trying to lose, going over your goal one day a week will help keep your body from adjusting too much to the limited calorie intake.

Being a glutton myself, I thought "Hey, that sounds kind of awesome, so I'll try it." That was three years ago. I've lost all the weight I've wanted to, look and feel much better about myself, and continue to track (and to allow for those I Don't Care Days). And in fact, after my 'cheat day', I feel like I'm ready to get back to tracking again.

So the moral of the story is this - you don't have to be on top of it every single day to be successful.

ETA - Some people don't do well with cheat days; for me, it wasn't a problem, but others find they need to stick to their plan every day. Either way, keep logging daily and stick to your overall plan.

that is really great advice, thank you for sharing! :)
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is NOT STRESS over it. Stress- not the amount of calories you consumed-it's what will slow down your progress. Nothing harms your body like stress does. Not even deliciously bad for you pizza :-)

Thanks, twin:) That dang pizza was eaten pretty much in the middle of the night! I know that's why I went over, because when I woke up I barely ate through that whole day in an attempt to not go over my calories on my rest day!! Oi.....never again.

36525582.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I was starting out with this weight loss stuff, I read an article from a personal trainer (and I'm sorry that I can't remember the name) who basically said that for 6 days a week, you stay on track, but that 7th day is yours to enjoy anything you like. I think he called it a cheat day - and it's what I call them (or alternatively "I Don't Care Days"). His argument was that if you are trying to lose, going over your goal one day a week will help keep your body from adjusting too much to the limited calorie intake.

Being a glutton myself, I thought "Hey, that sounds kind of awesome, so I'll try it." That was three years ago. I've lost all the weight I've wanted to, look and feel much better about myself, and continue to track (and to allow for those I Don't Care Days). And in fact, after my 'cheat day', I feel like I'm ready to get back to tracking again.

So the moral of the story is this - you don't have to be on top of it every single day to be successful.

ETA - Some people don't do well with cheat days; for me, it wasn't a problem, but others find they need to stick to their plan every day. Either way, keep logging daily and stick to your overall plan.

This is how I feel. I still try to make some good choices on the days that I want to enjoy myself--because I love food. And right after that 'bad' day. I am like alright! Lets do this!
  • kleonard42
    Options

This is how I feel. I still try to make some good choices on the days that I want to enjoy myself--because I love food. And right after that 'bad' day. I am like alright! Lets do this!

I am feeling the same way today! After going over yesterday and eating that greasy pizza, I'm more ready than ever to get back to eating better, staying under calorie and working out for even longer and harder than ever. So I guess a good feeling did come after that horrible one...that's nice!! :p
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I never log olive oil, at I use it like 3/week...so there's like 400 un logged calories...don't fret!
  • JEmbry515
    JEmbry515 Posts: 46
    Options
    Ok, I am really struggling with some of my days and I could really use some help. I do fine staying under my calories each day, I work out hard 6 days a week, drink plenty of water...but I just had my first day of going like 300-400 calories OVER my daily calories and I feel horrible! I've had a few days where I've gone like 50 or so over but those were TOM nights and I had worked out on those days...and, like I said, just a couple times.

Are there any success stories that can be shared by people who have done this anytime along their journey? Please help me chill out! I'm feeling pretty crappy about this and I know I can get some encouragement here. I haven't been using MFP any longer than about 50 something days but I do know you guys are awesome at picking people up!

Thanks!!
    Do you by any chance know how many cals you burn/ workout?
    My goal is to eat 1500 cals but last week I ate more than that and actually lost 3lbs that week.
    I burn about 1,000 cals per day and some days 2,000....
    Depending how hard your workouts are eating a little more could be better. You do not want your body to go into starvation mode because then it will hold onto every cal.
  • JEmbry515
    JEmbry515 Posts: 46
    Options
    It is also important that you get proper nutrition, you don't want bad cals. Try eating every 4hrs and drink 16oz water with your meals. I eat from 6am - 6pm and also cook all my meals and snack on oranges. Also if you do feel hungry try drinking water and wait 30mins if you still feel hungry eat.
  • kleonard42
    Options
    Thanks again, all! You're awesome :) I just have these days where I feel like I'll never be one of the success stories....like how will I ever have my own awesome before and after pics if I have these days throughout my weightloss?! For some reason I have this thought that all of the success stories I read and the pics that come along with them are people who never had bad days. I need to cut that out! Hopefully I'll be posting some sweet progress pics soon!!! About 6lbs down, about 30lbs to go....I can do this, yes?!??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!