Trying to get back on track!

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi Everyone my name is Ann and I started using this site last week on the encouragement of the trainer at the gym! and so far I am loving it.

I am a 43yo Single Mom trying to get myself back on track. I had gastric bypass 4 years ago and some of the weight has found its way back to me, thought I had gotten rid of it and damn them it found me!!! lol I just finshed the 5 day pouch test and really pounding away at getting my protein up up up.

Any words or encouragement and motivation are always welcome!!!

Thanks
Ann

Replies

• rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had recent struggles getting back on track and I'm taking it one day at a time starting today. I'm logging everything I eat on my iPod touch and I'm hoping to not go into the red zone.

Posting and reading others' posts has been so helpful to me. Good luck in your journey.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann! Great job on getting back on track. :) Does your weight loss surgeon have any sort of support group that you can go to? The good news is that you KNOW you can lose the weight - and that you are aware of gaining some of it back. It's so easy to sort of ignore weight gain.

My best friend had the RnY three years ago this coming June. She's still working it. I think she's gained back about 20 pounds, but she's working at losing about 10. She had explained it to me that with the bypass, the weight loss is sort of like the letter "J". You start at the top of the letter and lose, lose, lose.. stay at the lowest weight a little and then your body will gain some of the weight back as it stabilizes.

I had the vertical sleeve surgery the end of July 2012 and love it. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. :)

You can do this!!!
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. Same goes for anyone else on here. I log on daily and love to give encouragment. Good luck, everyone!
  • SunshineWalker
    Options
    Hi Ann!

I think it says a lot about you that you're taking good advice & putting it to action (i.e. coming to this site b/c your trainer recommended it). I think you can do anything you set your mind to do, so stay positive & focused in mind & your body will follow. (I'm not telling you anything I'm not doing for myself. I've just started, too - but I know I can.)

Let's do it!

*hugs*
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the great words! I am feeling very positive about getting back on track and I think this site is just what I needed.
  • AndreaEscobar100
    Options
    I'm 18 & trying to get back on track. Trying to tell myself to stop being lazy. Hopefully tomorrow I start 30 day shred.
    I know it'll be worth it.
  • mittens6395
    Options
    Hi Ann! Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other on track :)
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 & trying to get back on track. Trying to tell myself to stop being lazy. Hopefully tomorrow I start 30 day shred.
    I know it'll be worth it.
    Gotta change that "hopefully" to you are, little changes add up to the big picture right? good luck everyone feel free to add me, i am always here for encouragment
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I could have written this post. I had my surgery 7 years ago. After loosing 160 lbs, I gained back 60 then lost 67 then gained back 30. I've never liked roller coasters so I'm getting off this one. I'll send a request.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's get back on track! You can do it, I can do it.

I'm going to log my food again and this time I'm not stopping at noon! And I just said "yes" when my husband asked if I want to take a walk.

Good luck, I really mean it.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    This is a great site, I feel I really got lucky, starting here first, welcome aboard.
  • Best of luck and stay positive!
  • Dianemarie65
    Dianemarie65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Diane. I haven't been active in MFP but want to start. Please add me as a friend so we can encourage one another with having a healthy lifestyle. To start the new year off I want to get back to eating healthy and to get back to my exercise routine again. The last few months of 2013 I have had some health issues that prevented me from running and even doing my daily walking. My body is still not back to it's baseline and from learning the hard way I have had to cut out all cardio and any other intense exercise so I could heal. The Pneumonia I had for the first time ever kicked me hard and I attempted to run too soon then ended up with a secondary infection. So now I am trying to listen to my body and heal. I am hopeful to start at least my daily walking again 1-6-13. This is my goal anyways. Has anyone struggled with a slow come back after having Pneumonia before? If so any helpful advice would be appreciated!
  • littlesis1962
    littlesis1962 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there and Happy New Year!!! I am in the exact same boat as you. Please feel free to add me and we can walk this journey together and provide support and encouragement along the way. One of my favourite sayings is one minute, one hour, one day at a time. I guess we could add one choice at a time as well. We have that power. I wish you a very successful journey.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You were smart to tackle this now . instead of waiting. That shows you really want to do this. And you will. Determination is the best quality to have. Wishing you great success.:smile: