Current physical condition.

Options

Replies

• ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    4 months ago if someone had said to me lets walk somewhere I would have laughed and suggested taking the car because I was too unfit to even walk. My "fast" walking speed at the time was about 2.5mph. Now I walk 5 miles a day. Last week I did a 12 mile walk. I have lost 50lbs and feel heaps better for it. I have been wanting to take up running for a while but have always put it off because I fractured my kneecap 12 years ago and was worried that any impact would hurt it. Now that I am down 50lbs I had a think about it over the weekend and thought maybe I should try running. This morning I got up early and did the first day of C25K. I thought it would kill me but nope, I actually felt pretty good all the way through it. I am absolutely chuffed that I did day one and am now looking forward to day two.

So the short version... My current physical condition? A hell of a lot better than it was 4 months ago but not as good as I want it to be :)

For this, I have to thank all my MFP friends who support and encourage me on a daily basis because I doubt I would have even got this far without them!!!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Pretty good. Workout 4-5 times a week, 1hr aerobic dance follwed by 30mins pilates.

Just got to stop smoking and I think my physical condition will improve dramatically.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'm in ribbons
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Much better than it was 2 months ago, I workout 6 times a week but now I'm suffering from insomnia (yay) so took the weekend off.. boo!
  • sindikumva
    Options
    Fit as ****.

This!
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The only word I can think of is... Adonis :D
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I feel like I am as fit as I have ever been. I used to exclusively run (long distance - marathons, a couple of ultras) and was probably thinner but man, was I a weakling! Now I run 3x/week, cross train 1x/week, lift 5x/week and try to do yoga 1x/week. This is in addition to walking about 3 miles per day and doing 50 reps on my ab wheel 6x/week. Cardio - check; strength - check, felxibility - half a check. :happy:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have crunchy knees and weak pelvic floor (kids!) so I'm not going to run any marathons or do jumping jacks any time soon....

But I work out 25 mins before breakfast and at least that when I get in from work, going zumba tonight, walk at least 45 mins a day (weather permitting) -sso not bad for an old boiler (48).

And probably fitter than I've been for 14 years (my youngest is 13...)
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    Comparing myself to 16 year old me (before I had my son), I would say this:

I'm still a few lbs heavier, and a clothing size/half a clothing size bigger

That being said:

Despite being a bit 'heavier' I have more definition than I did then, and I definitely have a lower body fat percentage. I am also more physically fit, I drink less alcohol (a way less) and I can do exercise I never thought I could do before - I can do Insanity with less breaks than I thought, and I don't feel dead after.

However:

I'm not where I want to be, and despite being better physical shape, I won't be in a good mental body condition until I reach my goals.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im in a heap
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Cutting so getting leaner by the day. All going to plan :smile:

matt170313.jpg
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Weedy. Been off sick with bronchitis for a week, and though the antibiotics are clearing it up nicely they've given me a bad belly and I'm feeling weak as a kitten.
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    Best shape of my life!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    ugh
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    External condition is poor; I need to lose another 20lbs or so, will always have thunder thighs, have too many grey hairs, too many bellies and too many chins.

Internal conditon is excellent; blood test results I got today show (healthy range in brackets)
    Total cholesterol: 3.3 (less than 5)
    LDL: 1 (less than 3)
    Tric: 0.49 (less than 1.7)
    HDL: 2.05 (1.6 and above)
    Cardiovascular disease risk: less than 1%
    Coronary heart disease risk: 0%
    Blood pressure perfect
    Also tested for and passed with flying colours: diabetes, blood sugars, liver & kidney function.

I know which is more important to me these days, a big change of mindset for me! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • classyb0nes
    Options
    I died o m g <3333333
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    pretty good. next level up is good, then really good, then superman :D
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Pretty good.. I like to say I work out like a "skinny" person would.

at the spinning class two weeks back the skinny girl looked like she would pass out. the instructor had to check she was ok.

as for me i am work in progress. need to push myself more.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Pretty good no complaints.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Very good.

Some of my feats of fitness.

Saturday I ran 40 yard dash in 5.29 seconds
    I can box jump 36" platform 10 times
    I can do a wide grip pull up and near the top let go and grip the inside grips then do it again in reverse
    Full ROM leg press (knees to chest) 720lbs
    Do a spinning back kick
    Do a bent leg dragon flag
    Climb a rope vertically 15 ft.

Ah, to still be fit at almost 50. Makes the youngin's jealous.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition