Belly Fat

Options
I need to lose belly fat...I eat from 1200 to 1400 cal per day and exercise regularly (5-6 days a week - 1 hour cardio on elliptical/treadmill or racquetball and 30-45 min strength exercise but my belly is not shrinking!
Any suggestions??

Replies

• AleshaT87
    AleshaT87 Posts: 17
    Options
    Cut out breads..
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Is your weight going down at all?
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to target fat loss in a certain area. Keep working out and eating right and the fat loss will come, it just may take time. I will say 1200-1400 calories a day seem awful low for over 90 minutes of vigorous exercise a day. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel all that exercise.
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yes... I am on fitness pal for 5 weeks... I am losing average 1.2 a week, I am up to 8lb lost at this moment
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    It will go....sloooooooowly! Take pics now and every month, fiind a pair of snug jeans - you will see a difference.

And try to incorporate some floor exercises for abs - I am slowly seeing a difference. You can't reduce fat in just one spot but by becoming more toned and losing weight overall it will disappear.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Give it time. There is an unwritten law that says that the first ten pounds will come from places you won't really notice or care about. By the time you have lost all 25 pounds at your goal the belly will have shrunk. Make sure you do lots of exercises to strengthen your core too - it will give whatever bit of pooch you have left a great framework and you will look great.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    yes... I am on fitness pal for 5 weeks... I am losing average 1.2 a week, I am up to 8lb lost at this moment

If that's the case, it's just a matter of being patient. Unfortunately, the body decides where to get fat from first, and your belly might be last in line. The only thing you can do is concentrate on the fat loss and wait until it's your belly's turn.

Sounds like you're doing great so far.
  • ilonawie
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to target fat loss in a certain area. Keep working out and eating right and the fat loss will come, it just may take time. I will say 1200-1400 calories a day seem awful low for over 90 minutes of vigorous exercise a day. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel all that exercise.

So what is safe cal intake if I exercise for about 1.5h a day? I do eat lots of fruit and vegies ... i try to have it with every meal thruout my day
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to target fat loss in a certain area.

/end thread
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to target fat loss in a certain area.

/end thread
    HA!HA!HA!
    :laugh:
    That's awesome!
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    Options
    I've heard for women, butt, hips, and belly are the last places to lose. If you're not already, add some ab work to tighten and firm.
  • ilonawie
    Options
    I need more patience then....
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i do 250 sit ups a day, it works.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I just upped my calories from 1400 odd to 1700 odd working out 3 times a week.

I don't think you're eating enough. Eat back more calories or try averaging out the extra calories gained through exercise over the week.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Make sure you diet is in check and be consistent... Diet is key!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Patience girl! There's no quick fix. Just keep doing what you're doing and the results will come. :)
  • patsnyder89
    Options
    Usually if u have stubburn belly fat then its probably the last place you lose fat, there isnt any possible way to target fat loss in certain areas. Just keep doing what ur doing and soon enough you will lose it. Patients and consistency
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    Abs are really made in the kitchen.
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1.2 lbs per week is perfect. I wouldn't change anything.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    keep losing fat and your belly fat will eventually go away.