Ladies 5'5"-5'6"?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 5'6" and I'm just wondering how many calories all of your are eating to lose weight? I burn about 300-400 a day and I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week!

Replies

• Motria
    Motria Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" too. I've been losing nearly 1 lb per week on 1350 calories. That's not counting my exercise calories (no more than 300 per day) that I eat back. If I eat healthy filling foods, I don't feel hungry or tired. Feeling good.. hope it works for you too!
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    The problem is, when I started looking at my net calories, and eating back the calories I had burned, I ended up gaining a pound. Is it really necessary to eat back burned calories?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The problem is, when I started looking at my net calories, and eating back the calories I had burned, I ended up gaining a pound. Is it really necessary to eat back burned calories?

How long were you eating lower and gaining weight? Because a pound is like two glasses of water. Or an excellent poop. Or water retention from eating something really salty. I ate 1300-1400 (Net calories) a week and slowly lost my weight. Don't expect to lose 2 pounds a week, and you won't be disappointed. Patience, young grasshopper. I eat my exercise calories back and they're delicious.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    it all depends on the person and their fitness level. i am eating between 1850-1950cals/day but i workout hard and my caloric intake has increased from 1500ish (when i first started) to now 1850-1950. i've also been at this for over a year which is why my caloric intake has increased with my fitness level.

just make sure that you eat your calories, eat clean and workout regularly. the weight will come off :)
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I can do this easily but I'm a fairly young, active male and my maintenance is ~3500... For you, I would not advise attempting to lose weight so quickly. 1lb/week is more reasonable.

It's great to see the women in here telling it how it is. Weight loss is not a quick process. Or maybe it is. Losing a full pound of your BODY every week is pretty amazing if you think about it.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm no nutritionist but I seriously doubt you can lose two pounds a week consistently without losing lean body mass. Just my two cents worth.
  • lenore304
    lenore304 Posts: 17
    Options
    How long were you eating lower and gaining weight? Because a pound is like two glasses of water. Or an excellent poop. Or water retention from eating something really salty. I ate 1300-1400 (Net calories) a week and slowly lost my weight. Don't expect to lose 2 pounds a week, and you won't be disappointed. Patience, young grasshopper. I eat my exercise calories back and they're delicious.

I agree. You need fuel for the fire, you really need to be eating a reasonable amount if you are exercising and want to build muscle. Eat that protein, girl! Calories are so delicious...why would you want to deprive yourself more than you already have to? :P
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" between 118 and 122 lbs. I eat around 2000 cals/day and lift, run, and do MMA.

With so little to lose, it's best to stay around 0.5 lbs/week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 5'6" and I'm just wondering how many calories all of your are eating to lose weight? I burn about 300-400 a day and I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week!

if yo only have 10lbs to lose, your goal should be 0.5- 1lb per week...2lbs is too aggressive and probably wont work.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

I don't know what your current weight or age is but I am 5ft 6 with 10lb left to lose and I am eating 1400 net to lose 0.5lb a week (and succeeding).

Aiming to lose 2lb a week is a little unrealistic when you get down to the last 10lb.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think it would be tough to lose 2lbs a week since those last 10lbs we want to lose is always a pain in the $#*
    Make your goal for a half a pound or a pound a week, otherwise you're just going to be disappointed and not eating right. If you're obese it's easier to lose 2lbs a week, but the thinner you are, the harder it is to get those last few lbs off.