Pizza crust

Options
ladydeee
ladydeee Posts: 29 Member
What is a good healthy store bought pizza crust? I was using pillsbury artisan made with whole wheat but it is not as healthy as I thought.

Replies

• Bonsaiiii
    Options
    I don't really think any pizza crust is going to be healthy! Instead of going for the full-on dough, why not try a tortilla as the base? Just smooth on some tomato puree, a sprinkle of Italian mixed herbs, and a thin layer of whatever toppings you like most. Pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes and yum!
  • Clm81401
    Clm81401 Posts: 61
    Options
    I love the pizza pie. My adivice. Make them as thin as you can, straight up cracker style. Tortillas, creps, etc it is all the same (flour, water,oil,salt) Thin is the key I beleive.

Good Luck, Cec
  • izzwizz_london
    izzwizz_london Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Home made pizza dough is really simple to make, and low on calories

250 g (8 ounces) plain flour
    half teaspoon salt
    2.5 grammes dried yeast
    quarter pint water
    1 teaspoon caster sugar

Sieve flour and salt into bowl
    Stir in yeast and sugar
    Stir in enough water to make a soft dough
    Lightly flour hands and knead dough for 10 minutes or until soft and elastic
    Cover with tea towel and leave in warm place for 1.5 hours until doubled in size
    Roll dough out and place on lightly greased baking tray
    Add toppings (whatever you like) and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 220 degrees Centigrade or 425 Fahrenheit

This makes a huge pizza approx 30 x 38 cms or 12 x 15 inches. Pile it with delicious toppings and this easily serves 8.... or cut it up and have a piece every day for lunch. Works out at about 110 calories per portion of pizza + toppings.
  • shandageiser
    shandageiser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If your grocery store sells flat out bread (in the tortilla aisle), that's only 90 calories and it's good!
  • Melizabeth84
    Melizabeth84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    MAke it with cauliflower!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I make it with a portabella mushroom its less than 150 cals and super yummy or i like cauliflower