Stuck at same weight for about a month

Options
So basically my original weight loss goal was 31 pounds when I started last June. I normally eat on average about 1300 calories. I have good food days where I eat healthy. This weekend I did eat Taco Bell but I would say 85% of the time I eat healthy. I am currently down 42 lbs. I want to lose a total of 51 pounds (my weight loss goal after I reset it). I have about 9 more pounds to lose and I have been stuck now at the same weight for over a month. I excercise as much as possible but I am a busy mom and student and do not always have enough hours in the day. We recently got a membership to our local pool so I try to swim everyday if possible. I also do a lot of walking, riding my bike, and I will use my Just Dance 4 to dance for excercise as well.

I read somewhere that if I up my calories it would jolt my body into losing again. If I was to jolt my body how would I go about doing that and what would you recommend for calories? I am also wondering if I hit my plateou where I am not going to lose anymore? My BMI is currently at 20.0

Thank you!

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I would recommend slowly up calories by about 100 per week and watching your results to find a calorie zone that works for you.
  • moolio123
    Options
    A BMI of 20 is a healthy weight. Why do you want to lose more? If you mostly eat a healthy diet and do plenty of exercise when you can, why stress out? Just my view. Obviously I do not know what height or shape you are, but I would be happy to have lost the weight and reached a healthy BMI. :smile:
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would recommend slowly up calories by about 100 per week and watching your results to find a calorie zone that works for you.
    this sound like a good plan but maybe work it a bit more than that...say 300-500 per week!
  • SRHelicity
    Options
    What is your current daily calorie deficit? You mentioned that you are eating ~1300 calories / day, but what is that relative to your BMR and TDEE? Have you recalculated these since you lost 42 pounds?

You could try changing up your exercise routine (you are weight lifting, right? ;) ). In addition, I know some have had success by temporarily halting the "diet" by eating at maintenance for a week or two before resuming your calorie deficit in hopes of "resetting" their metabolism (though I haven't read any scientific studies to support this).

Here's to hoping you can resume your weigh loss to get to the weight you're targeting!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I say keep at it, it's only been a month and sometimes your body is just slow. I hear a lot those last 10 or so lbs are usually the hardest to get off.
    You could also try changing up your workout or playing with the amount of calories you eat :)
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    A BMI of 20 is a healthy weight. Why do you want to lose more? If you mostly eat a healthy diet and do plenty of exercise when you can, why stress out? Just my view. Obviously I do not know what height or shape you are, but I would be happy to have lost the weight and reached a healthy BMI. :smile:

I did a quick peek at your pics - and a BMI of 20 is perfect - try to stay healthy - losing any more just seems dangerous...
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Mommyjenlynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am small on top but I have hips, thighs, buttocks that I want to lose more from. That is where my weight is. I am wearing a mediums for shirts and a 10 for pants to give you an idea. I am also 5"10 inches tall.
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Options
    I also wear a fit bit. My calories burned for one week is 12003, total eaten 8157, and deficit 3846. For the past month it is total burned 50999, and total eaten 36545, deficit 14454 for the past month. I think I may take the suggestion of upping my calories by 100 each week and see if my body starts moving again towards results. I do not want to be super skinny. Just lose more of my hips, buttocks, and thighs.
  • kbalut
    kbalut Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are doing great!!! Glad to know you didn't give up on these last pounds. Don't lose the momentum. I just had my first session with a trainer who told me INTERVAL training is best if you are doing cardio. I have started walking 2 minutes, brisk 2 minutes, run 2 minutes and repeat. also... add weight training every other day. If you want to do cardio w/ weights...warm up 3 minutes and then do the wts. ...and lastly, your cardio. I hope this helps. It seems to be helping me :)
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I went for 3 months with no weight loss and felt stuck but didn't give up. I slowly increased my calories for the day and got back to walking a little more and off came a couple of pounds. Took me from November till last week. So hang in there. It will come off again. Just have to figure out what to do for you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I am small on top but I have hips, thighs, buttocks that I want to lose more from. That is where my weight is. I am wearing a mediums for shirts and a 10 for pants to give you an idea. I am also 5"10 inches tall.

Give the diet a rest and hit the weight room.

If you want to continue to diet, have a more reasonable loss goal and deficit...your deficit is too large for someone with 10 Lbsish of cosmetic fat to lose.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Set your weekly loss goal at 0.5lbs per week if it isn't already. You need a smaller deficit the smaller you are. Too high of a deficit will not help.

So, change your goal which will give you more calories. Eat your calories and switch up your exercise to help you start to lose again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    The first option is to change the intensity of your exercise. Work it harder.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mommyjenlynn
    Options
    Set your weekly loss goal at 0.5lbs per week if it isn't already. You need a smaller deficit the smaller you are. Too high of a deficit will not help.

So, change your goal which will give you more calories. Eat your calories and switch up your exercise to help you start to lose again.

Will change it. TY!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I stayed at the same weight for 2 months and suddenly last week I dropped 2 pounds by eating a bit more. It wasn't a lot just around 200 calories per day and not even every day.