Anyone tried Insanity??

Options

Replies

• stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it! It's challenging but fun. I'm in week 3 and I've lost 5 pounds (my 3rd weigh in is tonight) and I've lost several inches. Not only that but my cardio is awesome. I run too and I've dropped about a minute off my mile pace since starting. Which is awesome!!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BUMP to read later.
  • mhendrix75
    mhendrix75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of week 6 for me. I love it !! I have lost 11 pounds, and a total of 8.5 inches all over.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am on week three! I love it! I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I am, and I'm so happy that I am! I have not lost many pounds yet, but my body is changing for sure. :) I feel myself getting stronger!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It is the best thing ever. I think I want to have Shaun T's babies. Do it.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If you want to go the at home workout DVD route, I'd recommend starting with P90X instead.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yes I have done insanity twice and when I started I was 260lbs so I say it can be done if you are heavier. Note that it was not my first time working out I do think you need to have some kind of fitness level. I personally did not have any knee or joint problems with it but if you are heavier while doing it you should be careful.

I LOVE insanity and Shaun T and if you eat right you will have great results. I agree the majority of the results come in month 2 so you ahve to stick it out!
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I LOVE INSANITY. That's all I can really say.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Did it, loved it, gonna do it again!!
    Until you're capable of doing the moves correctly, modify to keep moving. Your strength will build quickly and you'll prevent injury ;)
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am on day 29 and I love it. I am trying to lose 30-40 Kg and although my weight has not made it easy for me sometimes, it is a workout that everybody can do on their own pace and modification.

After those 29 days I have no problem keeping up with the people in the video for all of the warm up and the first round of the exercises.

I didn't lose much in the first week, only 2 Kg, thereafter I didn't lose anything. But lost in the third week (from thursday to tuesday) 6,5 Kg (which is 14,33 lbs).

The worst thing you can do is NOT doing it. Just have the courage to jump into it, if it is hard then modify the exercises and go at your own speed.

P.S. I forgot to say that I am NOT following the nutrition plan provided with the workout. I am just trying to eat as clean as possible
  • mhendrix75
    mhendrix75 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on week three! I love it! I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I am, and I'm so happy that I am! I have not lost many pounds yet, but my body is changing for sure. :) I feel myself getting stronger!

I only had about 25-30 pounds to drop when I started. I lost the first 5 very fast then my weight actually went back up. I think it was fluid build up from being so sore. I have been losing many inches, but I finally started really dropping pounds the last two weeks. Down 11 pounds now !
  • ohh_myy_quad
    ohh_myy_quad Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great program. Only works if you do it. Push as hard as you can and don't give up. I loved it :-)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I tried it, and loved it, but had to stop for a while because I messed up my wrists during the push ups, I haven't started back again since. Currently I am back on P90X to get more weight training in and I do the elliptical for cardio

Give it a try, but from what I hear you will mainly lose inches, so once you start, maybe stay from the scale for a while so has not to get discouraged and measure yourself and take photos and go from there

Goodluck
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I did it over the holidays, its hard and I wouldn't say for beginners but its a great cardio workout. I started out with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution when I started losing weight and had great success. Feel free to look at my photos. Most the loss was from Jillian then about 5 pounds from insanity. I will be doing the p90x/insanity hybrid starting next week. Jillian definitely worked my way into insanity and its a great 90 day program that comes with a calender and a recipe book (which i didnt use much lol but only cause im a picky eater). I would recommend checking into that program if you are newer with exercise. Best part is you change videos every 2 weeks and alternate 3 videos a week, so you never get burnt out. I have repeated the program 3 times and just use heavier weights and or the more advanced moves and it gives me a great burn even on the 3rd round! Feel free to email me if you have any questions :) Good luck
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You should definitely try it. My friends have had amazing results. As for me, my summer roommate and I tried it for 2 days and bought a bucket of fried chicken on the third day :x
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I just started my "Recovery Week" (which really is not much of a recovery... Shawn T has a really messed up sence of what "Taking it easy" is). So far after 4 weeks I have lost 10lbs, 5 inches from my waist, and 9% body fat (according to the online calculators.. I used the same one both times).

It is a hard program, it will push you. Just do it at your own pace and follow the schedule and you will see results.
  • sshone1
    sshone1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started it today with the Fit Test. I have heard so much about this and everyone just says to stick with it so I will!
  • groversa
    Options

I only had about 25-30 pounds to drop when I started. I lost the first 5 very fast then my weight actually went back up. I think it was fluid build up from being so sore. I have been losing many inches, but I finally started really dropping pounds the last two weeks. Down 11 pounds now !

This is what I am thinking is happening to me, I haven't lost weight, actually gained a pound. But it says on the beachbody site, it is pretty normal, because of the fluid build up trying to 'protect' my muscles and being sore! Most people say they lose the most weight right at the end, so I'm crossing my fingers! Besides actual pounds so far though, it is going great, my muscle mass is continuously increasing!
  • groversa
    Options
    I just started my "Recovery Week" (which really is not much of a recovery... Shawn T has a really messed up sence of what "Taking it easy" is). So far after 4 weeks I have lost 10lbs, 5 inches from my waist, and 9% body fat (according to the online calculators.. I used the same one both times).

It is a hard program, it will push you. Just do it at your own pace and follow the schedule and you will see results.

This is awesome! Good for you! I am only about a week and a half away from recovery week!!
  • ricosuavee123
    Options
    I got a month into it before I had a non insanity related injury. I had great results and am starting again today. I recommend it to everyone.