Boob job?!?!

Options

Replies

• Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    My boobs are like spaniels ears after going from 12 stone to 9 stone 9,if I had the money I'd have a boob job,I say if it'll make you happy go for it :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Your body, your choice.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing that everyone has their own assumptions about whether you're talking about augmentation or reduction. I stand by my advice either way.
  • Dolly1209
    Dolly1209 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can have it done and still nurse I was fearful of that but my consultant told me it doesn't interfere with milk ducts at all and nursing in the future won't be a problem
  • cvillneauve
    Options
    You do what makes you happy. People who do not understand do not have to understand because they are not living your life. I had one done as well. I think of it as "reconstruction" because after weight loss, things can become out of place. I went from always having a fuller figure to having nothing. I cried almost every time I put my workout clothes on because without a padded bra, I looked like a boy from the waist up. It put a huge damper on my self esteem. I had worked so hard to get to a healthy weight and then I had this to deal with.

I have since gained back all the weight due to unrelated issues but I am back at it again. With the weight gain, they do not look as nice as they used to but at least I know I won't have to deal with being totally flat after I lose this weight once again. One thing I will say is that weight fluctuations can change them so if you want to get your money's worth, wait until you are in a comfortable place, weight wise. If you don't I fear you might be happy with them for awhile but then if you have more weight to lose and then you lose it, they will change and all bets are off.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'd do it, but I'd lose the weight you want to lose first - things may shift around after weight loss...
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Do what's best for you !! Its your body, your choice. And if it will make you feel more confident, then its worth it :smile: Good luck !
  • MissSaraSunshine
    Options
    You only live once, so do what you want to do!
  • tskalicky
    tskalicky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your decision has to be about you and what is going to make you happy. If you've researched the pros and cons of your decision and found that you are making the best decision for yourself, then go for it. Good luck!:smile:
  • roadster_nic
    roadster_nic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide, you need to be 100% sure of your decision. Ignore what others say and just go with what feels right for you.

I can't wait to get mine done! I'm using the procedure as my reward for weight-loss - if I ever get there! LOL.

Good luck hun :)
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be too afraid to do it, but if I wasn't, I'd want to at least wait until I was at my target weight. That's a lot of money to spend to find out additional weight loss affected how they looked down the line.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    When you get plastic surgery, you have to go in with a confident mind set that you are doing the right thing for you and nobody else matters. It is your body, your money, your life. Screw what others think. It's none of their business.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its entirely up to you.
    Do you understand the risks? Hardening?
    Do you understand(or can you afford?) to replace the implants every 7 to 10 years?

But that said. ENJOY !!!!
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Its your body, your money, and your decision. Don't let other people talk you out of something just because their not comfortable with it. I say go for it! Good luck!!
  • Maybee77
    Maybee77 Posts: 17
    Options
    I say if it makes you feel more confident, go for it!!! Best of luck!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I had a lift which involved implants, and am very happy with the results. However I do agree that you should probably get to your goal weight or the looks will change (skin will sag) . I kept mine to myself and close friends and family because I knew what I wanted and didn't care to hear anyone else's opinion.

Good luck & Do what makes you happy!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I find people are judgmental if they've never had to deal with that problem. I never understood why people would have boob jobs because I unknowingly had perfect boobs at the time. Now after having a kid and major weight loss I have very good reason to want to fix them. Do what's right for you. the people who really know you and get you will understand. Good luck!
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am getting a boob job as soon as I reach goal weight- I want it so bad I can smell the anesthesia. I can't wait to have boobs small enough that I don't ever have to wear more than a shelf bra again. I will probably also get a tummy tuck for the extra skin, and possibly brachioplasty depending on how my arms firm up. I don't care what anyone else thinks about it- they don't have to live in my body and they don't have to pay for the procedures, so if they have opinions about it, they can bite me. Not that I think anyone will care. They'll just be thrilled that I'm healthy and active.
  • glacier81
    glacier81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can have it done and still nurse I was fearful of that but my consultant told me it doesn't interfere with milk ducts at all and nursing in the future won't be a problem

Most people get larger when breastfeeding and then shrink back down to normal after they stop. Not everyone goes back to the same perky boobs they once had. Getting a boob job when you plan to have kids and breastfeed in the future seems like a potential waste of money. I would think it would make more sense to wait until you are done with breastfeeding. I also agree with those that have suggested waiting until you get to your goal weight to see where everything ends up.

If you knew it was exactly what you wanted to do and the right decision for you, you wouldn't need to ask strangers on a message board...
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. It is surgery and every surgery has risks. I personally would lose all the weight you want to lose first then consider it.

I would also do more homework on the nursing issue, because I've heard more than once it can affect milk supply.

I think personally I would love to afford a reduction. (but I'd wait till I was done having kids), it's not just nursing but pregnancy that changes your body.