Breaking up with my coffee creamer, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :noway: um no. :laugh:
    I'd rather create a deficit by walking the dog around the block as many times as mr. fitbit tells me to in order to have my milk & sugar in my coffee. Admittedly, I've tried coconut milk in place of my 2% but it was better with half coconut milk and 1/2 2% milk...but seriously.

It's a meager amount of calories, I say, if you enjoy the creamer, wth....just move a wee bit more. :ohwell:

:drinker:
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ugh, as much as I didn't want to give it up, I did :/

I am slightly lactose intolerant (cheese and yogurt doesn't bother me too badly, but milk/creamer type stuff does) and it was not agreeing with my stomach!

I like to use a flavored coffee, and I'll use almond milk to flavor it. I bought Coffeemate Natural Bliss the other day and so far I like it! I have been limiting my sugar so I think a tablespoon or two every now and then can't hurt.. But it's not the same as all of the fun flavored ones, so yummy!!
  • 1449holly
    Options
    I started the same thing today. I am replacing my coffee with French Vanilla creamer to green tea with Truvia. We'll see how it goes. Good luck to you!
  • Christiethorn1
    Christiethorn1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I am not alone!!!!! My coffee is like dessert!!!! Using fat free 1/2 and 1/2 and cutting down sugar helped but I still have to have at minimum 3 cups a day. Of course this works out to be 300 out of my 1200 calorie days!!! I am more than glad to sweat 300 calories per day to make up for my addiction!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5 tbsp?!?! yikes. I use 1 teaspoon and a splash of fat free milk. I'd drink it black if my stomach ulcer wouln't get angry.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    reduce the amount of creamer...dont break up with coffee over it :sad:
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I broke up with mine about 2 weeks ago, and I have green tea instead. I have noticed some diffrence, in the way i feel mostly. Good luck!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    just have some coffee with your sugar and you'll be fine.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I cant live without my coffee...but I did switch to almond milk and stevia for most days. I still have some almond joy creamer in my fridge that I allow myself a tablespoon of every few days. Yum.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My coffee is BLACK, like the color of my heart..... mwah ah ah ah..... but seriously, I love black coffee. You should try it! It might grow on you. :-) I also liked the other suggestion of drinking flavored coffee. That might appeal to you as well.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Cream and sugar in my coffee is the one and only thing I've eliminated, food-wise; I drink it black now. Although creamy, sugary coffee is really freaking delicious, I decided that ultimately I wanted to eat those calories rather than drink them. I'm used to it now and don't find that I miss it (much :cry: )
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I am going to break up with my fat free vanilla creamer in my coffee for one week and replace it with chamomile tea with stevia. I am convinced my 5 tbsp in the am is really hindering my progress. Anyone else ??
    I stopped using coffee creamer a long time ago. Nothing wrong with it it's just that I only get so many calories and this wasn't worth it to me.
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck! No can do for me. I enjoy my coffee too much. I use the sugar free french vanilla creamer but limit it to 2 tbsp a day. Sometimes I'll use fat free half & half too. :drinker:
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Not me. I wouldn't be able to function.

I did, however, cut down on how much creamer I put in my coffee.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've switched to using vanilla almond milk in my coffee. Same calories as in skim milk, already sweetened. I sometimes add a sprinkle of cinnamon, too. I didn't like the "coated tongue" feeling that coffee creamers gave me.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yup, cut it out about 6 months ago, and I like my coffee black, sometimes Ill add a little creamer on the weekends, and it makes me miss my black coffee,
    try it see how you like it
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gave up my creamer and sugar in my coffee a few years ago. Coffee is still hot and wonderful and full of caffeine even with out the sweetners.
    I gave up one cream for a week, then the next week dropped a scoop of sugar, and so on and so forth till there was only coffee in my cup. I still love my coffee.
    Good luck, you can do anything you put your mind too.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5 tablespoons? Yikes! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I put flavored creamers in my hot chocolate because the taste of sugar free hot choc is a little off-putting. I buy the single servings to control the amount. I have really cut down on hot choc because of the extra calories and carbs. I'm drinking more herbal tea with Equal these days. I really just want something warm and sweet when I'm cold, so this is usually a good substitute.
  • ksshamrock911
    ksshamrock911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about stopping my creamer too. I've noticed lately that it makes my stomach feel so bloated. It sure is a nice way to start your day...but starting tomorrow...no more creamer for me!!! Good luck!!
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nope! Gotta have my creamer! Its something I really enjoy, hence I count it on my diary. I think if its something you enjoy, figure it in and have it. You can't deprive yourself of all the stuff you love.