Breaking up with my coffee creamer, anyone else?

Options

Replies

• JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes, I broke up with my Bailey's hazelnut creamer a few months ago. I drink my coffee black now. Or, sometimes I put a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I still drink it, i just limit it to 2 tbsp and add some 1% milk to it and a little stevia. I'm now on 1/2 caffeine and slowly trying to get to no coffee...but I have to have creamer - full fat & full sugar - I can't stand the fat free or sugar free stuff.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Can't do it! I use fat free Land O' Lakes half and half. I actually don't really like flavored creamers.
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    No! coffee is the first thing on my mind when I wake up. I enjoy it and Im gonna enjoy it.:smile:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I trained myself to drink my coffee black, but not because of calories--even though it did cut about 150 cal a day (I used to take it with whole milk, and go through about a cup of milk a day that way). The reasons I moved away from milk are two:

(a) I got sick of running out of milk,
    (b) drinking your coffee black makes you notice the quality much more, so you drink less crappy coffee.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I will never ditch my creamer. It fits into my calories so why would I get rid of it.

Creamer isn't going to hurt your progress unless you are having so much of it that it is bringing you over your maintance calories.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I've just cut back on the creamer and tested out how much I really needed. Just using 1 Tbs, and switched sweetener instead of sugar (if I use any at all). I only have 1, maybe 2, a day.
  • lmontero31
    Options
    i broke up with my coffee creamer but what works for me is a good flavored coffee with frothy coconut or almond milk --> it's like a latte or capaccino. Heat the almond or coconut milk and get one of those handheld milk frother things and pour into coffee. add some cinnamon and nutmeg for extra flavor and it's like a dessert coffee! :)
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use Vanilla Silk as my coffee creamer (or hot tea creamer). Gives me the creaminess of a normal creamer, vanillia of, well, tasty, and the sweetness from soy. 50 Calories for 1/2 a cup. Tasty stuff.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    5 tablespoons? Yikes! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I put flavored creamers in my hot chocolate because the taste of sugar free hot choc is a little off-putting. I buy the single servings to control the amount. I have really cut down on hot choc because of the extra calories and carbs. I'm drinking more herbal tea with Equal these days. I really just want something warm and sweet when I'm cold, so this is usually a good substitute.

I know! 5tbs is ALOT. I've decided to give it up for 1 month!
  • ksshamrock911
    ksshamrock911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer seems to upset my stomach and makes me super bloated!! Not going to use it either!!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I count myself lucky that I hate sweet coffee. The 2 TB of half and half each morning (split between 2 huge cups of coffee) add about 40 calories and I'm never, ever giving that up.
  • JustinSlick
    Options
    I'm convinced that the key to enjoying coffee without creamer is to find a roast that you really like and choose a prep method that requires a little care. I make a press pot in the morning with a nice local bean, and find that after taking the trouble to make it I tend to want to enjoy it "unadulterated" so to speak.

Whereas if I go get a cup of burnt Pike at Sbucks I end up dumping half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla powder in...

I guess this only really applies if you actually like black coffee though. That came gradually for me, but I enjoy it equally now and I used to drink my coffee SWEET.
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to one tablespoon of Natural Bliss Sweet Cream per day, and I have no intention of ever giving it up!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm a half and half chick and I could never quit it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I am going to break up with my fat free vanilla creamer in my coffee for one week and replace it with chamomile tea with stevia. I am convinced my 5 tbsp in the am is really hindering my progress. Anyone else ??

Absolutely not. My 60 calories of CoffeeMate daily has not hindered either my weight loss or my maintenance.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i give myself a cup of almond milk in the am ..i pour a cup of milk in the am and use some of it for my coffee ..the remainder i either drink or put on my cereal
  • lblair31374
    Options
    I switched to sugar free, less calories and I was not getting enough fat anyway. So far, I am still losing weight so I will keep having it, although I do not necessarily object to parting ways with it ... just not yet :-)

I was going to say this. The sugar free has less calories and I'd prefer to have the fat than the refined sugar. Sounds weird, but it's been working for me.
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    During the day, I like my coffee black. In the evening, I sometimes like my coffee with a shot of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, a teaspoon of brown sugar and a good splash of milk.
  • JustinSlick
    Options
    During the day, I like my coffee black. In the evening, I sometimes like my coffee with a shot of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, a teaspoon of brown sugar and a good splash of milk.

That sounds amazing. Not sure why I've never tried brown sugar in coffee.