Looking for friends to motivate! I have PCOS

Options
I'm Nicole and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovary sydrome). My doctor told me I need to lose about 40 lbs to get in line with my BMI. I know this isn't going to be a very easy journey, but I'm looking for friends (other than my husband! lol) who are serious about weight loss, so we can keep each other motivated! :happy:

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have PCOS, I was diagnosed 5 years ago when I was 16.. the doctors always told me I needed to los weight but never really told me how. Through low Carb diet and exercising I've managed to lose almost 15 pounds in 2 months. Feel free to add me :)
  • tunagirl35
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have that as well and I am hoping that weight loss will help my body to jump back. I am trying to lose 20 pounds.
  • shanski51410
    Options
    I also have PCOS and i need to lose 60 pounds and I agree- its not easy losing weight with this ...but it is doable. People like us just take longer than most. I read somewhere that every pound a PCOS woman loses is equal to 3 pounds lost from someone without it.

Ive been doing the 17 day diet (My Dr recommended it) and so far I have gone from 246 to 220. The almost 30 pounds I have lost took a few months maybe losing 1-2 pounds a week. I have plateaued but im still plugging away.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have had PCOS 5 years back. I have been there. now have two kids! I fought against it. Feel free to add me. i will help u as much as i can :-)
  • ingridms1
    Options
    Love to be friends. Your welcome to add me.23240211.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tricia and I don't have PCOS, but I have Endometriosis and Uterine Fibroids. Feel free to add me if you'd like and anyone else! :0)
  • lokecheer
    lokecheer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello, im Loke and have been in a battle with losing weight for a while. I am at my heaviest, and trying to lost 22 more lbs to my goal weight 122. I need the motivation as well so feel free to add me ! :)
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and was diagnosed 8 years ago and probably had it before then. I've been overweight my whole life and have tried numerous diets and have given up because they just didn't work.
    Now, I'm committed to losing weight even if it takes forever. PCOS will not define my weight loss anymore!
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend's request. Anyone else on here please feel free to add me. I log on daily and try to encourage everyone. I know having a support group is slowly but surely helping me to lose weight. Good luck everyone!