LOSING INCHES...BUT NOT POUNDS?!?! HUH?!?!

yummymummyof3
yummymummyof3 Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
HELP!
I have been in the gym for about 4 weeks now and it seems as though I am dropping inches from my stomach and thighs...BUT I HAVEN'T DROPPED A POUND?!? Has anyone else experienced thiS? What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    You're not doing anything wrong, you're probably just gaining muscle and that muscle is replacing the fat. If you're losing inches, you are definitely doing it right!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    It also takes about 10 days for your body to understand what youre doing and it may be retaining water. It will go down eventually. I've been doing Chalean Extreme for 3 weeks now and just this last week is when I started to see my numbers go down. Stick with it. It will be ok.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    You're not doing anything wrong, you're probably just gaining muscle and that muscle is replacing the fat. If you're losing inches, you are definitely doing it right!

That's absolutely correct. When I first started Jazzercising (back in my late 20's) I lost 2 or 3 sizes but GAINED 5 pounds! When you're working out, it throws a whole new dynamic into weighing yourself. I would use a tape measure to track your progress as well if you dont.

Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • Bhannon
    Bhannon Posts: 3 Member
    Purplesaurus is right!! You are adding muscle. I just started trying to get healthy. My boss, who runs full marathons told me not to get discouraged. He actually told me that I would probably gain weight but lose inches at first, before any weight came off. I hope that helps!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Whatever you're doing ... I want to try it!!! :laugh:

I'd love to lose inches off my stomach and thighs.
  • kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    It's normal. The last time I tried losing weight, I only lost 17 pounds, but 36 inches all over. Don't worry too mcuh.
  • WOW!. I appreciate all the great advice! Maybe I am being a little eager? Or maybe my expectations are a little unrealistic??? I will keep at it..(I almost sabbotaged myself today cause I was felling discouraged!)
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    I am losing inches and the scale is not moving except maybe 1 pound per month. Just keep measuring your success with the tape measure and not the scale. I was having a hard time this past month but my measurements told me to celebrate! Now, I do not get on the scale until 1 month has passed, then I measure to be sure I am headed in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.