Detox - have you tried it?

Options
So the next three days i'll be eating nothing but fruits for every two hours. I'll drink heaps of water like I normally do. Only for dinner i'll eat 3 to 6 cup of raw vegetables and small piece of lean protein. Protein shake is recommended too, but I don't have any protein powders, haha.

I've done a goood research about this, and toxins & sugar will be flushed out at the end of this 3-day-detox, my skin will be much healthier and "cleaner", and last but not least i'll lose couple of lbs. I'm doing this fruit detox simply because the past weeekend was filled with refined sugar, bad carbs and sodium. I felt a litttle dirty inside, so I'm giving this detox a shot ;) I'm scared I might not complete the 3 days, and that I may give up already today. But praying i'll make it through?

Has anyone tried it? What were the results....

Replies

• _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    So the next three days i'll be eating nothing but fruits for every two hours. I'll drink heaps of water like I normally do. Only for dinner i'll eat 3 to 6 cup of raw vegetables and small piece of lean protein. Protein shake is recommended too, but I don't have any protein powders, haha.

I've done a goood research about this, and toxins & sugar will be flushed out at the end of this 3-day-detox, my skin will be much healthier and "cleaner", and last but not least i'll lose couple of lbs. I'm doing this fruit detox simply because the past weeekend was filled with refined sugar, bad carbs and sodium. I felt a litttle dirty inside, so I'm giving this detox a shot ;) I'm scared I might not complete the 3 days, and that I may give up already today. But praying i'll make it through?

Is this Jay Robb's detox plan? It sounds like it. I haven't tried it but many have had great success with it. A news channel's employees even did it and reported before and after results. One girl did it and posted skin analysis she got done at her spa as part of her review blog. There was improvement. She lost 7 lbs. Jay is a former competitor in the bodybuilding industry. The only thing he does recommend which you're not mentioning is that the protein powder have no added sugar or sugar substitutes.
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    i havent tried it, but sounds really great. maybe i
    will try it soon. good luck to you, hope you can make it! tell me how it goes
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've done a goood research about this

I'd love you to share all your research so I can find out more - can you post links please?
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    i would be great
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    I will :)

Yea just type " 3 day fruit flush detox" @google and u'll see!
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I will :)

Yea just type " 3 day fruit flush detox" @google and u'll see!

Thanks, but is there any actual research? The links just go to articles using phrases like "the diet claims to..." and "according to the author..."
  • xoxobollywood2
    Options
    I can not believe it!!! I lost 5 lbs in one day!! i was 5 lbs heavier yesterday night, and this night i'm 5 lbs lighter. the fruit flush diet (3days) is highly recommended!!! i'm only on my first day....and already lost 5 lbs.....GOD!
  • BillyWeaver1234
    Options
    Or eat healthy, portion control and excersise? :)
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Most of the weight you lose will be water weight that you will gain back when you stop "detoxing." Additionally, there is absolutely ZERO scientific evidence available that proves detoxes are helpful or necessary. Your liver and kidneys are designed to detox. No special foods or pills will magically make "toxins" disappear. What "toxins" do you think are being harbored in your body that will suddenly disappear because you eat a certain food or food items?

Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer, but there really is no credible scientific evidence available supporting detoxes. Use common sense and think about this. Your body is not capable of storing special toxins to be magically released by vegetables. Eat real whole foods and let your kidneys and liver do the rest.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i need to figure out a way to profit from people like OP
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You are wasting your time and energy.

You do not need to detox your body. Your body detoxes itself naturally.

Eat good foods and drink water and you are fine.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can not believe it!!! I lost 5 lbs in one day!! i was 5 lbs heavier yesterday night, and this night i'm 5 lbs lighter. the fruit flush diet (3days) is highly recommended!!! i'm only on my first day....and already lost 5 lbs.....GOD!
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Post @ the end of your 3 days, let us know how it went, how you felt etc
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Or eat healthy, portion control and excersise? :)

That's just crazy talk...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How does fruit get sugar out of your system? Fruit is just sugar and fiber, a few special ones might have a gram or so of fat and/ or protein.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How does fruit get sugar out of your system? Fruit is just sugar and fiber, a few special ones might have a gram or so of fat and/ or protein.

BECAUSE TOXINS AND FIVE POUNDS!!!!!
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options

You didn't lose 5 pounds of fat. You lost 5 pounds of water. You will gain your 5 pounds of water back about 5 minutes after you are of the 'cleanse'.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I detox every day. Usually first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. It's pretty simple, involves me, a toilet and urine. Known to be quite effective.

Hmm, how do I package this and sell it to stupid people?
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    How are you planning on "flushing out sugars" if the majority of your intake is fruit?
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I don't think you can flush sugar by eating sugar. You probably lost bc you didn't eat sodium today.