Skinny-bashing rant

Options
2»

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    People that bash/body sham ANYONE based on their weight, clothing size, whatever are ignorant and classless IMO. People come in all shapes, weight and sizes. People will do this regardless sadly and I've seen it more here on this site than anywhere.

I see it much more on this site than anywhere else. Not sure I even see it anywhere else, but here.

Its because everyone has a different definition of fitness and everyone thinks they're right and everyone thinks that they need to correct others because if somebody else disagrees with them then they're just wrong (and mean) so we get clash of ideas which, due to lack of tolerance and education and abundance of anonymity, ends up being this huge 20+ pages of bickering which doesn't do ANYONE anything good
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People that bash/body sham ANYONE based on their weight, clothing size, whatever are ignorant and classless IMO. People come in all shapes, weight and sizes. People will do this regardless sadly and I've seen it more here on this site than anywhere.

I see it much more on this site than anywhere else. Not sure I even see it anywhere else, but here.

Its because everyone has a different definition of fitness and everyone thinks they're right and everyone thinks that they need to correct others because if somebody else disagrees with them then they're just wrong (and mean) so we get clash of ideas which, due to lack of tolerance and education and abundance of anonymity, ends up being this huge 20+ pages of bickering which doesn't do ANYONE anything good

Yeah
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    Just do your thing, ignore the noises. Try to make YOU happy and work for it. Rather than trying to please who don't matter. And don't kid yourself, when you let these bashing get to you, you basically are trying to please them because somehow those noises matter enough for you to let them get to you.

If you wanna be skinny, be skinny
    wanna be muscular, be muscular
    wanna be a wizard, apply for Hogwarts

Where do I send my application?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking, as long as hubby finds me attractive then I'm good :love:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Just do your thing, ignore the noises. Try to make YOU happy and work for it. Rather than trying to please who don't matter. And don't kid yourself, when you let these bashing get to you, you basically are trying to please them because somehow those noises matter enough for you to let them get to you.

Hogwarts my good friend. Thats the happening place. Just grab an owl, tie your application to its feet and tell it to give it to Dumbledore. It'll get there! Lack of response means that you're merely a muggle though :(
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Love this.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Hogwarts my good friend. Thats the happening place. Just grab an owl, tie your application to its feet and tell it to give it to Dumbledore. It'll get there! Lack of response means that you're merely a muggle though :(

Ummm...about Dumbledore...I don't know how to break this to you...