Hi, my name is Lee and I'm an alco.....wait....wut?

Options
2»

Replies

• oorenfoo
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Very sweet of you to stay sober just in case. :flowerforyou:

Have some champange after the baby comes.:drinker:

Hey, I want to be as much support as possible! I'm super excited to become a father. Cannot wait! I'm sure we'll celebrate in style as soon as we can! :)

Thanks for the well wishes. :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming baby! I see your point about the drinking. I don't drink during the week but it's Friday, the kids are in bed, and the bar is calling my name! Ugh. It's hard to stop at one but I'll try. Good luck to you!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Are you having a boy, girl, or a surprise?
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming baby! I see your point about the drinking. I don't drink during the week but it's Friday, the kids are in bed, and the bar is calling my name! Ugh. It's hard to stop at one but I'll try. Good luck to you!

I lol'd at this! :D heh. You deserve to have a drink after a hard week.

Oh no, we don't know. We thought that the surprise would be nicer. It's exciting to be able to tell everyone it is after it's arrived! :D
    What children do you have? :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options

I lol'd at this! :D heh. You deserve to have a drink after a hard week.

Oh no, we don't know. We thought that the surprise would be nicer. It's exciting to be able to tell everyone it is after it's arrived! :D
    What children do you have? :)

I have a daughter who is 7 going on 17 and a son who is 3. I just can't imagine life without them. They are so loving and sweet and there's nothing like it when they just wrap their arms around me and say "Love you mommy." Makes me melt. Kids are the best! They are also the reason alcohol was invented!:drinker: :laugh:

Yeah, it's been a hard week. Both kids have been sick lately and my son found some old gum that my daughter put under the couch and put it in the cat's fur. Nice. Pass the wine please!
  • xandralaw
    xandralaw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Children are a wonderful motivator! (And they are helll to deal with hungover -lol)

I totally struggle with the drinking part - it's a reward system for me cuz I work my *kitten* off all the time. Seems to be the only me time I get, but its damn fattening!!

Best of luck! Happy birthday! HMU for support :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I hope you can get your crap together for your baby. Seek help if you need it. It's no fun growing up with a dad who drinks his nights and/or weekends away.

Oh please...
  • oorenfoo
    oorenfoo Posts: 25
    Options
    So, my beautiful baby daughter, Thea (pronounced "Taya," as it's Dutch) was born at 10:03pm on 11/3/13, weighing 7lbs and 2.

It's been almost 7 days now of hurried meals, crap food, celebratory drinks with family/friends and not keeping a record. However, today, I'm back on the wagon...Albeit hanging precariously from the side of it...

Expecting my first weigh-in, due Wednesday, to be awful. Will have to simply double my efforts to drop back whatever I've regained. Wish me luck...

Oh, and...

549386_570514209625787_2034304292_n.jpg

:D<3:D
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a cute baby! Big congratulations from London!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    So, my beautiful baby daughter, Thea (pronounced "Taya," as it's Dutch) was born at 10:03pm on 11/3/13, weighing 7lbs and 2.

It's been almost 7 days now of hurried meals, crap food, celebratory drinks with family/friends and not keeping a record. However, today, I'm back on the wagon...Albeit hanging precariously from the side of it...

Expecting my first weigh-in, due Wednesday, to be awful. Will have to simply double my efforts to drop back whatever I've regained. Wish me luck...

Oh, and...

549386_570514209625787_2034304292_n.jpg

:D<3:D

Congratulations papa! She's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    11/3? Don't you mean 3/3? My son's bday is 11/3. I only wondered this because the thread was started the end of February. Congrats and get lots of sleep!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options
    11/3? Don't you mean 3/3? My son's bday is 11/3. I only wondered this because the thread was started the end of February. Congrats and get lots of sleep!

Those across the pond put the date first then the month
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Ahhhhh....I learned something new today! Thanks Maria!
  • Lelo_xo
    Lelo_xo Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy birthday and the best of luck to you and your family.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i love booze, works for me.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Options

Ahhhhh....I learned something new today! Thanks Maria!

haha no problem...my cousin lives in Ireland; learned it from him
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    147795-59671-lee_super.jpg

tumblr_m92p6eld5U1qaksszo4_400.gif

tumblr_m9qfz5i4JI1qauhgho1_500.jpg
  • eglinjoe
    eglinjoe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, My wife tells me I'm an alchie....
    But I don't drink to the point I puke, or wake up in strange beds. But it's the same for me, without beer I would be skinny as ****.
    I did good all last week, and then friday after work, same for me, I opened a cool one and twelve beers later I was wanting more. But I stopped myself, but now that's 2000+ calories I have to make up. And when I drink I eat more. So vicious cycle.
    I tried to N/Alcholic beer before but that sucks, the 55 cal sucks, no good alternative.
    The only think I have found that helps is to kill myself at the gym doing heavy weights, or some kind of hobby to take your mind off having a few drinks. I have also limited my drinking to just friday night and some holidays, thankfully the football season is over, that's my biggest trigger. Good luck with the baby, and with your goals.
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey hun.
    My little boy has just turned 2 and hes the besg mistake i ever made ;-)
    Trusg me your world will completely change for the better xx
  • shakelia84
    shakelia84 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me