Reward Ideas

Options
Hey MFP peopl, I was just wondering how everyone celebrates accomplishments or goals met why living this lifestyle? In the past food and alcohol were always the reward or plan for events. What are some good ideas to celebrate good school grades, engagments, wins, goals met, and all the things in life you want to celebrate?

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A trip out is always good, trip to the cinema or a day out. Depending on the goal sometimes the goal itself is the reward.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    shopping. :)

met weight loss goal or mini-goal? - cute new outfit

promotion at work? - buy those new lamps I've had my eye on

I also like events. Take a trip to the movies, the zoo, a museum, vacation day from work to do nothing.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am rewarding myself for completing 30DS with a deep tissue massage this weekend. When I lose 10 more lbs I am going to get my hair done. When I hit my first goal I got a pedicure. My rewards are always doing something nice for myself, something that I don't do on a regular basis.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I celebrate exactly as I always have ;) The point is that life is still occurring around me and I am not going to give up 'birthday cakes' and fancy dinners for special occasions just because the food has a lot of calories or whatever. Once in a while there is nothing wrong with having a big calorie laden meal and desert. The problem is that for many obese people that 'once in a while treat' turned into an every day meal. If I can I will try to work in a long walk or something in order to compensate a little for the extra calories, some people do extra workouts or just eat a little less for the days before and after to build in a buffer. Develop a plan to deal with 'life' .. avoiding events because of the possibility of having to 'eat' will make you miserable.

Alternately 'rewards' for achieving goals can be things like a new outfit or tattoo or jewelry or a trip / spa day a romantic walk & picnic, a new book or just about anything else that you like.

When I hit my goal I am going on a shopping trip to a trendy area in another city and likely getting my old piercings redone.
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Buying something for myself...shoes...clothes...whatever ...as long as it's not stuffing my face with pizza and margaritas lol :smile:
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Options
    New expensive tea! This works great, because drinking tea is one of the ways I avoid snacking during the day.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My question is how do you reward yourself when you're broke?
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Options
    My question is how do you reward yourself when you're broke?

Find a supportive friend willing to do the deep tissue massage?
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to think of rewards that are non-food related too!

I just reached 100 pounds lost - and I bought myself the Harry Potter series of books.

Some other ideas I've had:
    motorcycle accessories
    have my house cleaned
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    One of my rewards is going to be a Fitbit Flex once it's out on the market. I was going to get the Fitbit One for my first 2Olbs lost, but might as well wait for the new model and make it my ##lbs lost reward.