TDEE vs goal calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• brendabryden
    brendabryden Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice. I just started MFP about two weeks ago and have been going back and forth trying to figure out if I should be following calories or TDEE and what my calorie goal should actually be. Thanks again.
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    45mins every day on the elliptical may really be more than needed.. Possible mix in some walking or yoga? And of course take some rest days
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    45mins every day on the elliptical may really be more than needed.. Possible mix in some walking or yoga? And of course take some rest days
    30 min isnt enough, im not talking INTENSE elliptical, just keep the heart rate up somewhere between 55-65%...at that few lbs its about burning fat, not just calories...slower and 55-65min is what i do after weights and 15min hiit on the stepmill
  • brendabryden
    brendabryden Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With only 10 lbs to lose - if I eat 1700 calories per day and burn 300 per day exercising do you think I will lose or should my calories be less?
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you are consistently burning 300 a day in exercise, 1,700 should be fine. That would actually put you at moderately active (at least more than lightly) and your TDEE for that is around 1,800-1,900. Give it time after adjusting. If you don't lose anything in 2 weeks, try trimming it by 50 a day and go another 2 weeks. Everyone has a sweet spot, just have to be patient. :)

Kudos to you for not jumping on the 1,200 bandwagon and looking at the options. :) Better to lose it eating more, much easier to transition into maintenance.