Kick me

Options
Someone please kick me, I am feeling really disappointed with my progress so far, have been on the site for just under a month, and while I feel better (healthier) I am just not loosing the weight like I want to. I am so tempted to just blow my diet and eat something sinful just to make myself feel better, but decided to post here instead. Thanks for letting me vent. (still want those french fries though.....)

Replies

• genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Someone please kick me, I am feeling really disappointed with my progress so far, have been on the site for just under a month, and while I feel better (healthier) I am just not loosing the weight like I want to. I am so tempted to just blow my diet and eat something sinful just to make myself feel better, but decided to post here instead. Thanks for letting me vent. (still want those french fries though.....)

Theres no need to kick you, we all go thru this sometimes. It WILL get better. You didn't say how much weight you'd lost in the last month, so maybe you're doing better then you think. You feel better, so you must be doing the right thing. I've always been told that you should only lose about 1-2 lbs a week to lose the healthy way. Please don't blow your diet , if you do then you'll feel even worse then you do now. Believe me, I know this from experience. By the way, this is a great place to vent...:smile:
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I understand that! Somehow, typing isn't nearly as satisfying as those french fries. But you know what, if you blow your diet you'll just feel worse! Besides, feeling better and healthier are pretty darned good things. And worth celebrating, even more so than a number on the scale. Honestly, I really wanted to be almost 20 pounds down by now, and probably could have been if I wanted to torture myself, but the numbers aren't moving that much. However, my stamina is so much better, I'm wearing clothes that are way smaller and I don't feel like I'm walking around in a parka anymore. So that, to me, is much better than the number. So no kicks. HUGS INSTEAD! :drinker:
  • Kimsey01
    Kimsey01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had to realize that this isn't a diet...this is a lifestyle.

I think the hardest part is coming to terms with acknowledging your weight and that only YOU have control over it.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"- that actually makes me giggle.
  • skysilver
    skysilver Posts: 73
    Options
    HEY THERE GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT, SOMETIMES PEOPLE DON'T SHOW THAT THEY ARE LOSING WEIGHT FOR A FEW MONTHS NOT EVERYONE LOSES AUTOMATICALLY, SO CHIN UP, SHOULDERS BACK, COS i REALLY DON'T WANT TO GET ON A PLANE AND KICK YOUR BUTT INTO ACTION. DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF FOR ANOTHER FEW WEEKS, KEEP UP THE GOOD DIET AND EXERCISES OK BECAUSE IT WILL SUDDENLY SHOW AND MOST LIKELY BE SO QUICK AND OUT OF THE BLUE SO KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Here's an idea....do a nice solid 30 or so minute cardio workout and then have some french fries! But, don't get them from McDonalds or any other restaurant. Buy a bag of Ore Ida shoestring fries and bake them in your oven. One serving (about 32 fries) is 140 calories! Want cheese fries? Add a sprinkle or two of fat free cheese. Watch the calories on that, though. It's possible to take our "comfort food" and make it much healther. These healthier alternatives do have a place in our new lifestyle, so I think. Obviously, you can't make a habit of having that as a snack daily but it beats the alternative of giving up completely! Stick with it!
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouraging words, they did help. I know we all have down days, my problem is I am an emotional eater, I get down i want to eat. Good news is, no fries, so i have managed this crisis. Thank you all again. Strength in numbers !!!!!
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    You made me smile, thank you, that was half the battle, getting me back to the right place mentally.
  • jhny5_99
    jhny5_99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know it is frustrating. I still think your scale needs to be replaced if your fluxuations are as vast as you say I think it could be that. Stay with it you are doing so good and I'm right here to help as best I can. Heck I'll bring my scale to work and let you try it there. Yes I would do that for you. At least that takes out one possibility in your equasion. Did you get measurements? that might be better at the moment. Let me know if there is anything I can do to keep you possitive. I can hold the tape measure for you... I'm here to help...
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this thread and i'm so glad I did. You should check it out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options

Here's an idea....do a nice solid 30 or so minute cardio workout and then have some french fries! But, don't get them from McDonalds or any other restaurant. Buy a bag of Ore Ida shoestring fries and bake them in your oven. One serving (about 32 fries) is 140 calories! Want cheese fries? Add a sprinkle or two of fat free cheese. Watch the calories on that, though. It's possible to take our "comfort food" and make it much healther. These healthier alternatives do have a place in our new lifestyle, so I think. Obviously, you can't make a habit of having that as a snack daily but it beats the alternative of giving up completely! Stick with it!

We have fries 2 or 3 times a week, I use the frozen ones that are not already cooked, and I bake them.
  • heeney12
    heeney12 Posts: 22
    Options
    Although I have been on for less time than you, actually I've only been on for a week, I still feel frustrated. I think we just think that this process is going to happen real fast because we see stars drop weight so quickly. But I know the reality is that we have to work hard in order to get the results we want. Hang in there and I will too.
  • missyfoo7
    missyfoo7 Posts: 6
    Options
    I broke down.... I ate something bad. I'm not going to say what, but it's pretty bad. Now I'm feeling guilty. The worst part is that it didn't taste that great.

Kimsy01, that quote cracks me up.