A questions for the ladies, sorry boys

Options
2»

Replies

• FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I think someone else already mentioned it, but I allow myself to go over on my calories a couple of days before my TOM. I don't go crazy and I try to eat healthy stuff like fruit, nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, etc. When I first started my journey here, I was freaking out because I was gaining about 5lbs during that time. Now, I just accept that I'm going to way a bit more and going over on my calories by 200-300 is okay. But, I've also learned to not use it as an excuse to eat everything in sight.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Find your maintenance calories for your goal weight and let yourself eat up to that amount. And if that's not enough, earn more calories by getting in an extra workout.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    Its not in your head...I no longer have monthly's because I had a hysterectomy but I can tell the difference in my eating pattern now that I am off....
  • indyjune
    indyjune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion and it is a quick read. Pick up a copy of 'The Female Brain' by Louann Brizendine, MD
    If you have 20 min or so, sit down at Barnes & Noble and read the chapter on how our hormones affect
    our thinking and emotions every month. Fascinating information and it will help you understand how to
    keep yourself on track. PS... a great little tidbit, the 12 day of your cycle is your best and most creative time.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your advice and words of encouragment.

It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one fighting my cravings. I don't have sisters and my friends at work are somewhat split.

This helps me out a lot.