I lost 28 lbs in 6 months!

Options
(My photo is my profile picture)

Before I made the commitment to my own health in September 2012, I was overweight, insecure, and ashamed of my body and the way it looked after having my son. Prior to having my son, I had been an athlete my whole life, whether I was playing fast-pitch softball, volleyball, competitive cheerleading or dance. I was a very active person and I was also working full time, but I ate whatever I wanted and drank a lot. I weighed what I wanted, but I had no energy and no muscle. I gained 63 lbs during my pregnancy because I over-indulged, gave into all my cravings and never exercised. I regret all those things because now I don’t have one picture of myself during my pregnancy. I refused to take pictures because I was embarrassed of how I looked and that I gained so much weight.

The first year after my son was born I really struggled to shred those lbs. I tried a few fad diets- I would lose the water weight then gain it all back a few weeks later. Nothing was working and I gave up for a while. I was introduced to BeachBody in 2011 and I tried a few days of P90X but I couldn’t do it and I gave up. Then September 2012, I started going to the gym and doing my best to log everything I put into my mouth. It was in September when I met my dear friend and coach, Andrea on My Fitness Pal and she introduced me to her team Third Dimension Fitness. This team lifted me up when I was down, pushed me through some rough days and applauded me when I posted my Flex Friday pictures. The motivation and encouragement from my team and coaches helped me push through. Before the year 2012 was over, I had ran a 10k and a 12k, I lost 23 lbs and went from a size 8 to a size 4, my pre-pregnancy size! I couldn’t believe it— I had finally put forth the effort and all my hard work paid off. I couldn’t even run a mile straight without stopping. Then I set realistic short terms goals and crushed them!

My motivation and support is free to you! Message me or add me! RDessert

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication there! And your running training is admirable! You look amazing!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!!! I am down 35 pounds in 6 months. Go us!
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well done, I am about 30lbs in the last 2 and 1/2 months, not looking as great as the change you have made but getting there.
    I am also now running and enjoying it, ran my first 5km event at the weekend, walked for about 3 little stints about 2 minutes each but managed to complete the 5km in 34minutes so pretty happy with myself :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's incredible! Keep it up :)
  • msankar
    msankar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I have been slow and steady for some time and am working out consistently, but I think starting to run again would help a lot. Thanks for the motivation!
  • mearnsmi1
    Options
    That is fantastic work, you look amazing! I'm very similar to you in terms of start weight and goal, so am really going to look to your story as motivation. :) You mention that you did a bit of p90x but then stopped - did you ever pick back up again, or did just use the gym for workouts? Can I ask what sort of workout schedule you followed? Thanks!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Proud of you baby!!
  • JannaJ02
    JannaJ02 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's so awesome. :D You look great!
  • roblock81
    roblock81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nice job for sure!! Nothing like a plan working out!! Keep motivated and help keep us motivated also with great posts!!
  • 20KGToLoose
    Options
    That's fab keep up the hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!