how can I stop eating white toast when it's always around?

Options
I've tried to stop eating it, because it really doesn't help me lose weight, it's always around the house, I still live with my big family, I can't control what we eat, sometimes it's the only basic food that we have.

I stopped eating white rise, I don't even like it anymore, I had this happen to me with toast but I can't remember how I relapsed! lol the problem with it, that it increases my appetite, and all I want is to eat, and I forget all the habits I've learned.

can my will get so strong that I stop eating it? any word of advice is appreciated.

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Have a slice once a day make sure to measure out and put the best butter and jam on there.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well, the first thing you could do would be to look at the ingredients. They're pretty much poison :P If not poison, at least unnecessary. You feel hungry after eating them because they spike your blood sugar (if I remember correctly) and then you crash, making you crave the white carbohydrates even more. It's a vicious cycle. Try buying a loaf of whole wheat bread for yourself (be careful- a lot of whole grain breads are rip offs) or try something else (like a few raisins). I usually grab a strawberry when I'm feeling hungry/bored and just want something to eat, and it really works. Also try filling yourself so full of water you don't even want any food.

PS: If you choose a few raisins, I have a technique : Roll the raisin around in your fingers and soften it before you eat it. If you have even 5 raisins, this rolling and moving around will not only make you forget your craving, but satisfy you more. No, I have no scientific evidence of this, just my own experience! :laugh:

I've had to overcome my family constantly having cheesey breads, baked goods, flaky pastries, and other food around me all the time. It's hard, and sometimes I still find my fingers straying in for just a taste. But thats the thing : It's a taste. Maybe just have 1 piece of toast around and only allow yourself to snack on it? One bite WILL satisfy you.

Best of luck!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Question: How can I stop eating white toast

Answer: Just stop eating it if you don't wanna eat it. Mind over matter.

I'm sure there's other stuff in the house to eat.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options

^^^ This all the way! You're the only one that decides what actually goes into your mouth! If you must have it, treat yourself at the weekend...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    when you want to eat it, you go for a nice long walk.
    in fact, just chuck the loaf outside too.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    go feed the birds it, ha ha
  • ZETAZEN
    ZETAZEN Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Bingo.

Self control will knocked out your self imposed temptations.
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Start by buying a loaf of this brand of bread. Its so good and its healthy for you. Silver hills bread. I used to have an addiction to White bread as well but once I got into Silver hills there has been no going back..

http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Step one: Realize you have a problem. CHECK!
    Step two: Do something about it...

We all have our weaknesses, you know yours, now act.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Minus willpower - Duct tape, over mouth.

With willpower - simply ignore it.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    try swapping it, I have gone from white break to best of both now onto wholemeal, i know too much bread is bad but like with most things it is more down to how much of something you eat not just waht you eat.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I've tried to stop eating it, because it really doesn't help me lose weight, it's always around the house, I still live with my big family, I can't control what we eat, sometimes it's the only basic food that we have.

I stopped eating white rise, I don't even like it anymore, I had this happen to me with toast but I can't remember how I relapsed! lol the problem with it, that it increases my appetite, and all I want is to eat, and I forget all the habits I've learned.

can my will get so strong that I stop eating it? any word of advice is appreciated.

Which do you want more? White toast or achieving your goal? Only you can know this.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    try Rye bread or Italian instead. Really that has nothing to do with anything, just that they taste better.

If you can work it into your calorie and macro goals, its not a problem. Just make it work for you.

If you can't deal with it, then pour windex on it.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ask your family to switch to whole grain toast?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I can't control what we eat.
    This is the part that you need to fix. You CAN control what *you* eat. Stop allowing your dependence on your family to take over even what you ingest.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Willpower. Buy yourself something else to eat for breakfast. Or work it into your daily calories because you like it and don't want to give it up.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Here's what worked for me.. it may be helpful to you.
    Cut it into 16 tiny squares. Eat each square, one at a time. Chew it completely. Be mindful of the taste and texture . When I did this, it simply tasted like I was swallowing glue. That was the end of me and white bread. I transitioned to one slice of whole grain toast from there and only had a piece when I enjoy a poached egg (rarely). It is very, very rare that I eat a sandwich now.. and honestly, I don't really enjoy them .