What's your HRM range?

Options
Hi there! Kindly post the range that you usually see on your heart rate monitor when working out. Also might be appropriate to post age, weight, and type of exercise if you like!

When I put mine on in the morning, after getting on my workout clothes and moving my coffee table out of the way, it usually registers between 72-80. During my workouts (mostly Jillian DVD's) I usually see 115-160, sometimes up to 170. I am 35 years old and 136 pounds.

Sometimes the HRM goes up to 230, and that scares me a bit. I think it's malfunctioning because when I see that number I stop and rest and it takes longer than usual to get back down and then will read 135 or something like that.

Just trying to get a feel for what ranges people are experiencing :)

Replies

• BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 28, 160 lbs and 5'7 and my resting hr is usually at around 50-56. During exercise it can go from 135 all the way up to 191. I just actually posted a topic similar to this...I was freaking out about the 191, lol. You should check out the thread on my profile, it had a lot of good information on it. If your heart rate really is spiking up to 230, I would be worried too!! I would take a guess that your HRM is malfunctioning like you said though... if you are really worried about it though, a doctors visit may be in order!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    230 is almost certainly a malfunction you would be dead or at least feel dead at that heart rate.

Depends on the day
    recovery 120-145
    long run / bike 150-160
    shorter runs - 160-165
    tempo runs - 165-175
    intervals -180-190
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    I'm 33 years old and 211 lbs. When I run (30-50 minutes) on the track, my HR stays between 156-163. When I push it hard at the end of the run I typically hit 179-182.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I just received a Polar FT HRM a few weeks ago and I've discovered that I tend to stay in the higher end of my range (range is 125 to 165)...I've seen 187 a few times, but normally my average is around 150 to 160 (either through circuit strength training or walking on the treadmill). I am 27 years old, 5' 6.5", and weigh around 126 (on a good day lol)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i dont own one but i take my HRon the treadmill and its usually at 179-184 at the end of a hard run
    148ish lbs
    running 3+ miles
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi,

I am the same age and weight and my HRM readings not dissimilar to yours, sometimes up to 190 when I am running hard but normally around the 160-170 range

I occasionally get a random reading of 230 but not often, and I reckon always a malfunction as it is normally at the start of the workout

Clare
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    25, 125 lbs. Generally see 156-185 depending on if it's maintaining or pushing it. When I run it's usually around 175. Resting hr about 72 iirc. Been a while since I took it.