Headache suffers?? Help?

Options
So I have an issue. I am having a surgery on monday. My doctor said not to take anything for up to 5 days prior to the surgery, but I am stuck with a major headache border line migrane Id say, eye twitching and everything. I cant take anything,and Im actually at work (work in a all center, cannot leave whenever I want, unfortunately). If caffeine helped, would you break down and get a soda? Or what other alternative would you do to get rid of the headache? I really really dont want to resort to empty calories.. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    well, I can't math, but we aren't within 5 days.

take something and stay hydrated.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If it's a tension headache (both temples), then I put an ice pack on the back of my neck (on and off all day). Other than that, sleep. Really rough if you can't have pain killers. Hope you feel better. Maybe try some chamomile?
  • Katrinadionne1808
    Options
    a lot of headaches are due to the body not getting enough hydration - get some water. Try stay away from sodas I find they make me worse.
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ice packs help me a lot with my migraines along with a dark, quiet room, lots of water. But doesn't sound like you have all those options.
  • ashm1427
    ashm1427 Posts: 23
    Options
    Trogalicious -- Apparently either can I lol. I counted from wendsday thinking it was the 20th today. Either way, im suffering haha. thank you guys for the great suggestions, ill keep chugging water. Apparently now maybe ill take tylenol also.. oops, I cant do math.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Trogalicious -- Apparently either can I lol. I counted from wendsday thinking it was the 20th today. Either way, im suffering haha. thank you guys for the great suggestions, ill keep chugging water. Apparently now maybe ill take tylenol also.. oops, I cant do math.

all good. headaches will do that. feel better.