Replies

• abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    eating cakes is good for health!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That if I could stack enough ladders on top of each other, I could sit on a cloud like the Care Bears.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That saying the "F" word (or any other swear word other than crap) would immediately ban you to hell, forever and ever.

Oh, and also that if I didn't run out of the room immediately after flushing the toilet, it would somehow suck me in like some evil toilet-tornado and I'd wind up lost in the sewers. And I may or may not have, at some point, been convinced that I could talk to trees. (I was a strange kid)
    I just have to say I love these. :smile:

I used to think that when there was thunder and lightning, vampires were going to come get me.

When I was little, I used to like to stick my arm out the window when my mom was driving. She told me once that her co-worker had a little boy who stuck his head out the window and it got cut off. My mom must have been having a bad day. To this day I can't put my arm out the window without thinking of that one, lol
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I believed if I made fun of someone about something that same thing would be inflicted on me.

This belief was further supported by experience.

1. I made fun of some kid who had allergies. Later on I developed life threatening allergies.
    2. I made fun of a cousin because she had big breasts. Later on I developed large breasts. Bigger than hers. >.<
    3. I made fun of some kid for wearing glasses. Later on I had to get glasses.

*shaking my head* Of course I realize this isn't true NOW but it was this little mentality that turned me into the person I am now. I rarely make fun of people... unless I'm okay with taking on whatever it is I'm making fun of. LOL
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    swallowing gum leads to a gum tree, well I took that as a challenge as to have my own gum tree. To this day I still swallow gum and don't spit it :-(
  • akitagirl78
    akitagirl78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That blood was blue since the veins on your wrist look blue from outside, and that when the blood "hit the air" it turned red....

That's not true? I still believed that. Yikes.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    that the pawns in chess were called prawns.
    that freddie kruger came out of the toilet when you flushed it (press the button and run lol).
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    That blood was blue since the veins on your wrist look blue from outside, and that when the blood "hit the air" it turned red....

OMG I used to think that too!!

If you swallowed gum it got wrapped around your appendix and that's what causes appendicitis.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    that I could pull out in time...
  • GeekTink
    GeekTink Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always thought there was something under my bed, just waiting to grab my ankle as soon as I stepped down. So, for the first 10ish years I could walk I would jump off my bed at least three feet because I was sure whatever it was couldn't reach me that far. Would also jump ONTO the bed from three feet away. Hit the wall a few times lol.
  • simplysera
    simplysera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    that gutter holes with lids are the secret short cuts for speed cars of detectives for fast travelling.. My big bro was the one who told me that..

That number of pimples on your face is the number of boys having crush on you!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options

That's not true? I still believed that. Yikes.

I believed that well into my adult years too - heck, I think a TEACHER even told me as much! But here's a more accurate description of why they look blue: http://scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/2008/04/17/why-are-veins-blue/
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used to think the lines on the road for passing made some type of force field, and if you tried to pass where there weren't dashes, your car would just hit the force field and stay in your lane.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That wind was made by trees moving.
    That Guerilla (terrorists) were gorillas.
    Frankenstein lived in the basement, but only came out when the light was off, so you had to run up the stairs after turning out the light so he wouldn't catch you.
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I always thought there was something under my bed, just waiting to grab my ankle as soon as I stepped down. So, for the first 10ish years I could walk I would jump off my bed at least three feet because I was sure whatever it was couldn't reach me that far. Would also jump ONTO the bed from three feet away. Hit the wall a few times lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ditto. And I still do this from time to time...
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I thought by taping up feminine pads on windows would ward off ghosts.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My maiden name was Adam. Every morning my mom woke me up by saying "Up and at 'em!" But I thought she was saying "Up and Adam" like it had something to do with our name but I couldn't figure out what she really meant. It wasn't until college when I read this saying in a book that I realized what she was actually saying and that it, in no way, related to us.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I thought tampons were some sort of athletic performance enhancing product cos in every ad on TV the wmen were playing sports or running around or roller skating or something. a know, cos of Tampons. They were just a different kind of lucozade.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I used to believe my little girl nub would grow into a penis. Scouts honor.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    haha i love all these !!!