141 LBS & Can't Get Past It on My Scale

Options
I have been at 141 lbs. now for about 5 weeks and can't seem to make the scale move past it no matter how I have changed up my eating and uped my excercise. This is driving me nuts. My goal weight is 125-130 so I don't have much more to lose but just can't seem to get past the 141!

Any suggetions?

Replies

• txpkb
    txpkb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the same foods or changing things up a bit? Three years ago when I dropped 140 lbs, I reached a plateau similiar to this. I tried increasing my exercise a bit and that didn't work. I made sure I was eating what I was supposed to and not cheating. But nothing worked. Finally, I tried to change up the foods I had been eating. I usually had the same types of things each week. Same proteins, fruits, etc. When I changed up what I was eating but still ate well, that restarted my body. I think my body had gotten used to what I was eating and it wasn't working for me in burning calories. Maybe that will work for you as well.
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time losing my last 10lbs. I'm forgetting about the scale. I'm going to continue to do what I have been doing all along without weigh in's, and I'm going to step it back up in the end of summer. And who knows, maybe I'll lose the 10lbs anyway. But I'm not letting it make me angry anymore.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat. I finally get down to 137 and then it goes back up to 139 then down but I can't get below that. I also would like 125-130.
  • daninicole
    daninicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone will reach their plateaus through their weight loss process, they suck right!? Well the cool thing is, as some others have said is, it's time for a little change up. Changing foods can help for sure, but changing up your workout is crucial! I am a personal trainer and see this type of thing all of the time. What are you doing now for your workout? I may be able to give you some ideas to help you push through this a little quicker!

Dani
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Im having the same problem! my goal is 125 but the scale wont move below 134! Ive just been trying to stick to my diet and I recently started C25K, maybe that will help
    goodluck I know what youre feeling
  • shellybressler
    shellybressler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. It didn't matter what I did... I stayed at my 1200 calories and exercised more and the scale would not move until 2 weeks ago. I went on a low carb diet and maintained my 1200 calories and I have dropped 5 pound in 2 weeks. So you might want to try that. Just a thought... :)
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium and sugar intakes.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :explode: I have changed my food but this is what I am eating now:
    Breakfast:
    Atkins Strawberry Shake
    2 c. coffee
    1 tbsp. sugar free vanilla carmel creamer
    4 packets splenda

Lunch:
    Healthy Life sugar free whole grain bread - 2 slices
    Cotto Salam
    Frenchs mustard
    Frigo Heads reduced fat cheese sticks

Dinner:
    Large salad
    Kraft Fat Free Italian Cesear dressing-2-3 tbsp.
    Fat Free shredded chedder cheese
    10 grilled asparagus spears
    1 med. grilled yellow squash-optional
    1-2 grilled zuccini-optional
    2 c. skim milk

Snacks:
    Fuji apple
    1 c. fresh blackberries
    Kozy shack sugar free Tapioca-if need more calories consumed to reach 1200
    Atkins snack bars-if need more calories consumes to reach 1200

My excercise consists of walking every day from 15-30 minutes (more if weather isn't real humid or hot) at 3.5 mph. Also Monday, Wednesday & Friday I work out at Curves for 30 minutes burning over 300 calories. On the weekends I also walk / job for at least 30 minutes on the treadmill. I mow my yard when not real hot or humid with the push mower which takes me 2 hours to do.

Any suggestions you have would be great. On my off days from Curves I do plan to start using my weights again!
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? 1200 is the _minimum_ calories to ingest each day for women, and if you're burning 300 on top of that, you're essentially only taking in 900 calories. And since it sounds like you are close to your goal weight, your body doesn't like this. It's going to hold on to excess fat because it thinks it is not getting enough to survive.

You have a couple options: Eat back your exercise calories and/or reduce your daily deficit (aka increase calories eaten on top of eating exercise calories) so that your body "relaxes" and will more easily let go of the extra weight.

The first thing I would do, if you aren't already, is eat your exercise calories. Aka if your daily goal is 1200, and you burn 300 from exercise, eat the 1500 cals.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :noway: OOOH, I eat some of my excercise calories but not many. So I will start eating more and see what happens. I know you are supposed to do this but it just seems so oppisite of what you should be doing! :noway:
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Watch your sodium and sugar intakes.

How much is too much sodium?
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    fda recommendation is 2500 mg or less

** edit: that's 2500 mg each day