Glacier slow weight loss- switched to TDEE-20?

Options
I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks now on the plan to loose 2 lbs a week. Honestly I've been below 1200 b/c I've been really, really watching what I eat. But It's not working. I've only lost 2 lbs in 3 weeks when it should have been more. I read the "road map" post and thought I'd give it a try! I'm now going eat 1540 calories, so here's to loosing the pounds! And more food!

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with switching to TDEE-20%, but please be aware that 2 lbs in 3 weeks is really not bad or slow. Slower than you'd like, maybe, but actually a fairly reasonable pace. Don't get discouraged if you continue at this rate, ESPECIALLY since you don't have much to lose.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Try not to freak out if you gain a few pounds after increasing your calories. It may take some time for your body to adjust to eating more calories but it's definitely worth it. Just tell yourself to keep sticking with it even if you don't start dropping pounds right away.
    I was losing slowly eating low cal so I figured I might as well eat more while I lose slowly. It makes it very easy to do and I'm not hungry.
  • jmpilg23
    jmpilg23 Posts: 7
    Options
    TDEE-20?? Road Map Post?? I'm trying to figure out why I am not dropping weight, I am willing to try anything.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    TDEE-20?? Road Map Post?? I'm trying to figure out why I am not dropping weight, I am willing to try anything.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • jmpilg23
    jmpilg23 Posts: 7
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope it works for me. It makes sense when I read it, and it is operating on a calorie deficit, which is what we need to lose weight.