lost a pound but gained inches!!

Options
So I weighed myself today and I lost 1 pound, but when I measured myself I have gained inches instead of losing. Am I not suppose to be losing all over?

Replies

• sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    sorry, I forgot to add that I am doing p90X everyday.
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Weighloss is a tricky nasty little thing :wink: I have quite the opposite I lost only 1 lb but 8.5 inches now that makes no sense too me lol.... Keep with it maybe if you are like me when I started drinking alot of water which I never use to do I just bloated up but eventually my body got use to it :drinker:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing! Don't sweat the inches part. The body can be funny. Your waist might go up because of gas...my butt went up because it literally is going up. Running is causing it to lift more and become more defined. (no complaints from me on that one!)
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Congrats! How are you liking the PX90? I am thinking of buying it...but I think I need to start with the P90. Any suggestions? :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Taking measurements is tricky........if you dont measure in the same spot it can seem as though you gaining inches

Congrats on the weightloss though
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    How often are you measuring? I'm measuring once a month only so that the tape results truly show progress, not bloating or misplacement. Sometimes the changes are subtle over a week, but more noticible over a month.
  • sharonsylvester
    sharonsylvester Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Families_R_Forever, well p90X is good for me, but then again I teach Taekwon-Do so I am used to moving a lot; but you can build up and you will get better each time you do p90X.