motivate me with eating more

Options
So after a long time and research i have finally decide to eat 30% below my TDEE i.e around 2000 cal(which is way more than eating 1300 cal),i will give this a week and see how it goes...the only thing is that i am afraid of eating so much because i am used to eating less now...need motivation from all those MFP members who hav had success with eating like this...wud really appreciate your help.

Replies

• thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    You need to give any changes a lot longer than a week.

When you are eating so little for so long and than increase your calories you will gain some water weight. It will go away though. That's one reason why you need to give changes a few weeks before you change things again. One week is not enough time.

Personally, I find when I eat more (provided it is good food) I have more energy, sleep better, can focus better, can workout better and lose more weight.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    You need to give any changes a lot longer than a week.

When you are eating so little for so long and than increase your calories you will gain some water weight. It will go away though. That's one reason why you need to give changes a few weeks before you change things again. One week is not enough time.

Personally, I find when I eat more (provided it is good food) I have more energy, sleep better, can focus better, can workout better and lose more weight.

this
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reply...about eating the right kind of food..i keep that on track ...as you suggest i am willing to give it long time but will i lose weight with it for sure..i workout hard ...figuring out the right cal amnt is the only confusion left.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for a couple of months- I eat about 2400-2600 a day (also nursing which is why so high).I was stalled out or about two weeks, but now it is going again. I am about 15lbs down. I really do eat whatever I want as long as it fits. I focus on nutrients for most of it, but I have a mini cookie or something like that daily. I am losing inches and feel a lot more energetic. My husband started yesterday after doing isagenix (horrible experience for him) and he is also skeptical. He sees how it is going for me which is why he is willing to try. I have no "junk food" cravings, don't binge, I feel satisfied. All of my go-to foods before don't sound good (chips and onion dip, whole Sara Lee cheesecake, a whole pizza). I can do this for the rest of my life even when I lose my "nursing calories". Better yet, I want to do this even if it takes a little longer. Great side effect- my toddler is also eating better! Give it some time- it is so worth it.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I just made this decision yesterday also! I had been trying to eat at a 750 calorie deficit which some days took me below 1200 a day! After reading different posts, I realize I need to eat at my BMR as a minimum and I will lose more so I started yesterday. I feel like I'm overeating compared to how I've ate in the past and I'm afraid of gaining instead of losing but I've also decided to put up the scales and just go by measurements for a while until I get rid of some of this body fat. I have to keep telling myself I didn't gain all this in a couple weeks (it's been over time) so it's not going to magically disappear in 2 weeks either! Good Luck! Keep us posted.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    open your diary. 2,000 = TDE - 30%? Seems like a lot of cals.

I am 6' 4" male. 30% below TDEE would be around 1,500 cals
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I agree 2000 seems like alot for a woman
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    try it for a month and put your scale away. Look at it like this, you can't possibly gain any real weight eating 2000 cals a day, can you?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

You either do very little and don't exercise or have very little muscle mass. I eat 20% less than TDEE and I am 191 and 5'11 and 30 years old and MY TDEE is 3000.

The majority of women I know eat 1700-2100 calories which is 20% less than TDEE.
  • psuLemon
    Options

You might want to do some more searching. There are literally thousands of women that lose at 2000+ on this board or close to it.

And how about 500+ post about it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day
  • Riemersma4
    Options

You either do very little and don't exercise or have very little muscle mass. I eat 20% less than TDEE and I am 191 and 5'11 and 30 years old and MY TDEE is 3000.

The majority of women I know eat 1700-2100 calories which is 20% less than TDEE.

Ha! I do a ton. However, my TDEE is sedentary because i have a desk job. My exercise regularlly puts me up close to to 3,000 cals 4 - 6 days per week. TDEE is to be calculated BEFORE exercise. Given that, I stand by my original comment.

(plenty of lean muscle...) ;-)
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options

Ha! I do a ton. However, my TDEE is sedentary because i have a desk job. My exercise regularlly puts me up close to to 3,000 cals 4 - 6 days per week. TDEE is to be calculated BEFORE exercise. Given that, I stand by my original comment.

Personally I've never heard of anyone calculating TDEE before adding exercise in. Whatever works best for you though.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

You know that T in TDEE, it stands for TOTAL.

so it includes exercise.
  • Riemersma4
    Options
    MFP, if you read their methodology, calculates TDEE pre exercise. You add in calories based on your actual daily exercise.

No biggie. Have a great day.
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

You know that T in TDEE, it stands for TOTAL.

so it includes exercise.

Both ways are correct, depending on the individual. For someone who works out very regularly and with consistent calorie burns, you can calculate TDEE with exercise included in your activity level. If you're like me and training for a half marathon and every day/week is different, it makes a heck of a lot more sense to base my TDEE on my typical daily activity (sedentary - desk job 40 hours/week) and then log my exercise to gain the "extra" calories.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    MFP, if you read their methodology, calculates TDEE pre exercise. You add in calories based on your actual daily exercise.

No biggie. Have a great day.

I see where you come from but even with mfp you have to add in exercise to get your tdee. And that is what is meant by tdee.

And i would agree no biggy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Februarycomparisonside_small_zpsc3788a95.jpg

I started eating more about mid December. Even with a holiday, I think I've been making relatively good progress. I also started lifting heavy in January. I currently weigh 217 and eat around 1900 calories a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So after a long time and research i have finally decide to eat 30% below my TDEE i.e around 2000 cal(which is way more than eating 1300 cal),i will give this a week and see how it goes...the only thing is that i am afraid of eating so much because i am used to eating less now...need motivation from all those MFP members who hav had success with eating like this...wud really appreciate your help.

you need to give it longer than a week - try like 4-6 before you make a decision.

that being said, if you feel you will struggle eating so much more and possibly seeing a short term gain on the scales, why not up to 1600 cals for 2-3 weeks and then 2000. that transition may be easier?
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You might want to do some more searching. There are literally thousands of women that lose at 2000+ on this board or close to it.

And how about 500+ post about it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day
    Thank you for pointing towards that thread! I'm trying to find encouragement that I will see some progress while eating more but after a month I keep getting down on myself. I'm going to settle in for a lot of motivation in 500+ posts!
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Not for all women.... 2000 calories a day would only be 50 over my tested RMR (1950).... Any TDEE - xx that I chose would be over 1950. So, it's not completely unrealistic. Granted, I'm larger and older than OP.