I Am Officially A Runner -C25K success

Options
13»

Replies

• umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great job! this is so inspirational and your time is good as well.:flowerforyou:
  • elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    that's amazing! I just completed week 3 day 2, I shall be able to run 5k by the end of april, YAY! xxx
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Congratulations :)
    I have had bleeding toes too, the nail on my middle toe was too long and cut Ito the skin on my second toe. Didn't notice till I got home. It was a great reason to have a pedicure. Nowadays my nails are a scarlet warrior red colour and are due for another pedicure soon :)

I've never had a pedicure... Would you reccommend them to aid running?
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go!! I just finished W4D1 yesterday and love reading posts like this. It helps me get motivated big time =)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    WOW fantastic job on the run!!! Keep it up!! Running outside is so much different than using a treadmill, too. And sorry about your shoe full of blood. Might I suggest, besides clipping the nail, also using a dollop of Vaseline on your toe area. It just helps to keep that area lubbed for runs. Gross I know, but someone else recommended it to me and now I don't run at all without doing that.
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I finished C25K over 2 years ago. It just gets better and better! So proud of you :-)
  • srsavaria
    srsavaria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great story! Week 5 is tough. That is where I stopped. I've been going to the gym a lot and decided to just run on my own, but doing it that way its so easy to not challenge yourself because you don't have a timer to live up to. I should start again. In the beginning, didn't 90 seconds seem overwhelming? It did to me. I ran 12 minutes straight the other day at the gym, and I was so proud of myself. I am signed up for a 5k in May, and my goal is to RUN the whole thing. Has running helped you loose weight too?
    ~Sheila
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I used to do track in grade 8 and I was a sprinter. I still am. My running success has always been speed in short distances. My longest was 400m race, and I did a great job every time. When I saw the 90sec run I was "Really..? Come on. 90 sec is nothing!" And when I started week 1, I was like "oh god grade 8 track was like 12 years ago I haven't run since what the hell have I signed up for".

I was still running fast and part of my success has been slowing down my pace considerably. I went from a 7mph to a 5.2-5.5mph pace.

And running has definitely helped! I started on the elliptical, and transferred to the treadmill in December.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! Congratulations :)
    I have had bleeding toes too, the nail on my middle toe was too long and cut Ito the skin on my second toe. Didn't notice till I got home. It was a great reason to have a pedicure. Nowadays my nails are a scarlet warrior red colour and are due for another pedicure soon :)

I've never had a pedicure... Would you reccommend them to aid running?

I'd recommend a pedicure for the self esteem feel good factor :).
    Looks good in open toe shoes in warmer weather and a great reward for meeting goals and the salon has foot spas and massaging chairs :)
    Seriously though, I had cut my toenails unevenly and it caused bleeding as the nails grew out.
    My feet were in pretty good nick but my nails needed attention and a good even trim and treatment was needed. The girl next to me had bad callouses and they worked on her feet for a while.

I occasionally have a 30 to 45 minute runners massage on my legs. That helps a lot as I am putting more miles into my legs these days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!