Helpful tips!!!! :)

Options
Here are some more tips, in addition to the ones I posted last year (pasted below)
Good luck and never give up! Share your own!!!

- When you are craving a snack on a hot summer day, get an ice crusher, put some coffee (decaf if you'd like), ice, low calorie sweetener and blend it up. Enjoy! I add a little bit of Almond Milk sometimes as well :)

- Get some crest white strips and put them on when you get a craving for junk food. They last for 30 minutes, so hopefully that craving will be gone by then and you will end up with whiter teeth!

- Begin every morning with water with some lemon juice. You will feel fresh and clean right at the start.

- If you are about to over-indulge,tell yourself, "I am in control. I rule my stomach. My stomach does not rule me. I was not born to fail."

- Keep a "thin pack" with you at all times - in your car or wherever. This can contain some fiber tablets or crackers, some very minty mints, a picture of your goals to look at, yummy sweet sugar-free gum, a small bottle of listerine, etc. Anything that helps you stop the cravings and reminds you of your goal.

Here are my tips from last year:

- Air-pop popcorn on the stove for a healthy, low fat treat. Get some popcorn salt (0 calories) to put on top.

- Get a thermos and make a few cups of white or green tea in the morning and sip a cup everytime you feel like having something unhealthy.

- Hills Bros. has some great sugar free cappachino's. I think it's only 25 calories for a serving and it's really nice to wind down in the evening with a cup after dinner. It's a great substitute for dessert.

- Print out some motivating quotes and keep them in your car and on your fridge. Read them before you decide to eat something unhealthy.

- Pray and ask God to help someone else you know who is struggling with weight to be able to effortlessly lose the pounds (Want for your brother or sister what you would want for yourself :)

- Before you eat, make a fist. Look at that fist and realize that a thin person at a healthy weight has a stomach that size. Then look at what you are about to eat, and try not to overstuff yourself.

- Take a pc of yarn or ribbon and wrap it around your waist (or hips). Cut off a peice where it currently is. Then, every week, remeasure yourself and tie a knot at it's new location (if you've reduced) This will help you keep track of how far you've come. Some people even tie this ribbon around thier wrists, but I think that might look odd. You can always keep it with you.

- Make it a point to thank God before and after each meal - before you put anything into your mouth. This will not only make you thankful, but will also make you conscious of the foods you are eating.

These are all the tips I can think of. I hope they help you. Please post your own unique tips if you have any :) Good luck!!!! :):):)

Replies