Been here for a while... looking for fun geeky friends

Options
13»

Replies

• dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I built a TARDIS pinewood derby car this weekend while wearing my Hufflepuff T-Shirt and read LOTR while the paint was drying. That geeky enough?

^I think you just won the thread. Congrats.

At any point were you in shock and wearing a blanket?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Dropped $1500 on a laptop to play the latest X-com.

I put together an electric control to do semi automated beer brewing.
    Cisco certified, and I'm looking for CCNP underware. and I prefer to watch anime with subtitled than dubbed.
    The best games are played with dice that have more than 6 sides.

and I want to see the TARDIS too!
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    GEEKS RULE! Any geek that need a new friend...I'm here :happy:
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I have four songs on my workout playlist from the Transformers:The Movie soundtrack. No, I don't mean the Michael Bay movies.

I mean the great animated one.

I have that on my DVD Shelf and it does not collect dust :) The Junkicons were awesome, LOL, though nothing beats the Dinobots. Ever.

Right Billsica?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have four songs on my workout playlist from the Transformers:The Movie soundtrack. No, I don't mean the Michael Bay movies.

I mean the great animated one.

I have that on my DVD Shelf and it does not collect dust :) The Junkicons were awesome, LOL, though nothing beats the Dinobots. Ever.

Right Billsica?

tumblr_m9v318gGbB1rdxdyoo1_500.png
  • basicjim
    basicjim Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Let me throw out my geek cred here... I am looking for geek friends too!

Tech: MCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Security+. IT professional.

Comics: Daredevil, Doctor Who, Green Lantern, Chew, Mouseguard. Emerald City ComicCon

T.V. : Eureka, Castle, BattleStar Galactica, Sherlock, Doctor Who, Bones, Biggest Loser, King of the Nerds, Jeopardy

Anime: Initial D, Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and yes, MLP

Games: (1) Board; Bloodbowl, X-Wing, Ticket To Ride, Doom, A&A Mini, Mice & Mystics, Legend of Drizzt, etc ad nauseum (2) Halo, Mario, Zelda, Myst, Zork, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, any old school video game (ala pacman, digdug, galaxian).

Other geek cred: Trivia nerd, Word Nerd, Science geek, Going to 2 gaming conventions this year.

Oh, and I work out!

Looking for geek friends! Do I qualify?
  • tjpoore
    tjpoore Posts: 2
    Options
    You won after TARDIS
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Geek here as well. I am always up for new friends who want to just not support me in the weightloss journey, but also talk tv, moveis, and even sports. I am a well rounded(yes well rounded. haha) geek
  • pebbs80
    pebbs80 Posts: 102
    Options
    Oh I am feeling the geek love today! I've added 22 friends so far in a day.

By the power of greyskull by george I think I'm popular!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to offer anymore as to my geekdom, but I was a not-so-closet D&D player in high school. (v 3 because taking advantage of ranger rocks)

I adore Harry Potter and I rather enjoy LOTR.

Most of all I just enjoy people that are comfortable enough with themselves to be real. We should be friends. :)

I played d&d too but for some reason everybody did at my high school. Kinda weird freshman year I only played with uncle and cousins, but than one football player friend joins a game and suddenly the school yard was full of people planning campaigns. Didnt hurt magic of the gathering was new and just taking off then. Ah. The 90s grunge era. It was almost a utopia in the sense of high school politics
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    Geek you say? Alonzi!