new today also

Options
Hi! Our 2 oldest daughters are getting married next year and I want to look great for their weddings and be able to dance with my husband and not walk like I have to right now. I have bad knees, high cholesterol and BP, and doctor says lose 20 pounds, otherwise, I'm ok, and very positive about this. I read some posts this morning and have to say that these message boards look very useful. I hope that I can give someone some support as time goes on because that seems to be key to great success.

Replies

• bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I've been on MFP for about 4 weeks and find it really helpful. Great calorie and exercise counter and lots of motivation out there.
    Keep it up and you'll soon be salsaing with the best of them
    Lynda
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you to be celebrating the marriage of two daughters!!! Yay! That must feel incredible - and a little sad too because now they really are growing up!

Welcome to this site. It is terrific! You will find tonnes of support and friends on this journey with you. (I have high blood pressure too. If you need a friend, be all means add me.)

Good luck! And good for you for joining!
  • badknees
    badknees Posts: 16
    Options
    thank you... I can't believe how it is helping me already. I have been so mad at myself for not losing this on my own. I only have 20 to lose, but it is such a struggle! Thanks. (And I will call you Linda instead of your username if tht is ok....):smile:
  • badknees
    badknees Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes, thanks 2 weddings, nervous eating is taking over. I will do my best. It is more about the BP and bad knees, but I really really need to do this for my self-esteem. Sick and tired of feeling unsuccessful. Thank you soooo much.