Funny things you believed as a kid :)

Options
124»

Replies

• jtw1971
    jtw1971 Posts: 8
    Options
    ...that if you unscrewed your belly button...your butt would fall off..
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I was convinced that hemorrhoids were something that made your wrists hurt. All the commercials would have people talking about hemorrhoids and rubbing their wrists.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that if you peed in a pool it would leave a red stream behind you. I also thought that my parents had surveillance cameras in my house and that they knew everything that I was doing, at all times and I also didn't understand the big deal when I would hear the term "sleeping together", like if I was watching a TV show or something and they said that...I totally thought that they were simply in the same bed sleeping...had no idea that they were doing something else :smokin:
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I used to believe that if you peed in a pool it would leave a red stream behind you. I also thought that my parents had surveillance cameras in my house and that they knew everything that I was doing, at all times and I also didn't understand the big deal when I would hear the term "sleeping together", like if I was watching a TV show or something and they said that...I totally thought that they were simply in the same bed sleeping...had no idea that they were doing something else :smokin:

And for the record...NO, I didn't, nor do I pee in a pool :)
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I was convinced that hemorrhoids were something that made your wrists hurt. All the commercials would have people talking about hemorrhoids and rubbing their wrists.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    That the Booger monster would eat my fingers if I put them up my nose (actually had a neighbor who had 4/5 stubs on his right hand and he told me that's how it happened)
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I thought that Jaws could become a (SNL) land shark and come find me in the tub or while sitting on the toilet.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Also, I used to think clowns were clowns; not some humans with make-up...I was fascinated with all the horror clown movies, too, so I stayed away from sewage drains (IT) and didn't get too close to clowns in person, for fear that they'd turn into a T-rex and eat me.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That you got pregnant from god, and no body can choose when you get pregannt... XD
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That if you swallowed enough watermelon seeds one would grow in your belly!

^^^This^^^ and my grandmother would swallow them on purpose and tell me let's see how long it takes before the vines come out of my ears :laugh:
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I thought that we all died when we reached a certain age. So when friend teased me about being a few months older, I replied that that meant he would die sooner than me. Shut him up.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I have 3 distinct beliefs from age 4:

- The devil actually lived under ground.
    - I'd hide under the eaves of our house flattening myself against the house because the airplanes I saw were all bombers and would bomb me if I was seen. (around 1961)
    - that if calla lilies touched my clothes they would "eat" them. Quite some time later I learned I misunderstood my mother who told me they would STAIN my clothes.
  • KayFi89
    KayFi89 Posts: 39
    Options
    I always thought there was something under my bed, just waiting to grab my ankle as soon as I stepped down. So, for the first 10ish years I could walk I would jump off my bed at least three feet because I was sure whatever it was couldn't reach me that far. Would also jump ONTO the bed from three feet away. Hit the wall a few times lol.

I used to do that also!
  • Valerie_Malone
    Valerie_Malone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always thought there was something under my bed, just waiting to grab my ankle as soon as I stepped down. So, for the first 10ish years I could walk I would jump off my bed at least three feet because I was sure whatever it was couldn't reach me that far. Would also jump ONTO the bed from three feet away. Hit the wall a few times lol.

I was this way too, but it was because my brother tormented me and would sometimes hide under my bed and actually grab my ankles when I would go to bed.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Ditto. And I still do this from time to time...

I wonder if this is why there is so much junk under my bed that no monster could get under there? lol