I'm thinking about doing P90X or at least trying

Options
Is there anyone interested in the P90x plan or have it started?? this 46 year old needs more muscle and is going to attempt to pull those DVD's out and start tomorrow or very very soon at least. I never have done the whole 90 days but I never been this good at recording my intake also over the past 4 weeks, so i think i have reached new nutrition heights and this may work for me this time

Replies

• 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Planning to start in June, whole 90 days, not doing the eating plan though. Have tried the yoga - it was evil.
  • CecRR
    CecRR Posts: 9
    Options
    I start phase 2 tomorrow. This is my second time doing the program, the first time we moved around the end, and I fell off track. It took me over a month, almost 2 to complete the last 10 days. I was so bummed and upset with myself, but this time I am sticking to it!
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. If you do it soon friend me and we can help stay accountable.
  • suecan2
    suecan2 Posts: 45
    Options
    I am going to pull out the DVD's, dust em off and BEGIN! i excited, but nervous i wont stay on track. we'll see
  • suecan2
    Options
    I am going to pull out the DVD's, dust em off and BEGIN! i excited, but nervous i wont stay on track. we'll see
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i did the full program + an extra month and a half because i love it so much! i'm now doing body beast and love that too :)
  • Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I start on Thursday! The first time for me, but I'm determined to stick with it.
  • kddarrow
    kddarrow Posts: 24
    Options
    Go for it! I am currently in week 7. I like the the whole system. I did modify the nutrition plan a little. I don't exacty follow the meals, but I try to keep my protein calories at 50%, carbs at 30% and fat at 20% just like they say. I just don't eat exactly what they say to eat. And occasionally I eaover indulge and I have been known to drink a beer a two a couple of times a week.

I hate the yoga. Usually put in cardiox in place of yoga. I love the kenpo and all of the lifting dvds. I was 233lbs on Feb 3rd, started p90x on Feb 5th and this past Sat I weighed 215 lbs. I definitely can see a lot more definition in my chest, arms and shoulders. My weight isn't coming off as fast as I wanted but I I do see a lot of improvement.

Maybe if the transformation is good enough I will post pics at 90 days. We'll see...
  • luftballoons33
    luftballoons33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've got a week to go! I loved and hated every day of it. I've lost 20 pounds, and more importantly look and feel better, so I definitely recommend giving it another go. I didn't do a great job following the nutrition plan (hence why I'm here - gotta get those additional 12..or maybe 17, pounds off), but still benefited a lot from it.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I am currently in week 7. I like the the whole system. I did modify the nutrition plan a little. I don't exacty follow the meals, but I try to keep my protein calories at 50%, carbs at 30% and fat at 20% just like they say. I just don't eat exactly what they say to eat. And occasionally I eaover indulge and I have been known to drink a beer a two a couple of times a week.

I hate the yoga. Usually put in cardiox in place of yoga. I love the kenpo and all of the lifting dvds. I was 233lbs on Feb 3rd, started p90x on Feb 5th and this past Sat I weighed 215 lbs. I definitely can see a lot more definition in my chest, arms and shoulders. My weight isn't coming off as fast as I wanted but I I do see a lot of improvement.

Maybe if the transformation is good enough I will post pics at 90 days. We'll see...

Sorry, I didn'r realize I was loggin in under my wife's name. She definitely doesn't weigh 215 lbs.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    There's no trying, you've got to go into it thinking you will finish it.

Good luck!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I did it a couple of years ago. It is a good conditioning program. I still do plyo occasionally.

I have seen much better strength, and definition from a standard strength training program with heavier weights.
  • suecan2
    Options
    There's no trying, you've got to go into it thinking you will finish it.

Good luck!

You're right...now i AM energized! I AM going to do this