__Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Gather you're joking.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Perhaps he's just jealous?

I know my own husband would be happy for me that I feel better about my body.

It's your body. You're the one who has to live in it.

yeah, he's probably jealous. :noway:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Commenting isn't negative, unless they are negative comments.
    A good example would be "honey, you are too muscular for my tastes"
    A bad example would be "wow, look at those muscles".

Men say what they mean.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Does he even lift?
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    He is (I think) pretty obviously jealous. I lift a lot and have gotten pretty muscular. My husband FREQUENTLY states to anyone who will listen how proud he is of me and how I am (his words) "100 lb. of pure muscle." I am definitely NOT, but if he wants to tell everyone I am, I am sure not gonna complain! He lifts too and so is sort of in competition with me, and he appreciates the work it takes to become muscular. My advice (since I of course don't know your husband I could be all wet) is to try and get him to compete with you to see who can muscle up more.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would just smile and say thanks. And then, several years from now, when he asks for your help in opening a jar of pickles, you can smile again. And then in a few more years, when he asks for you to help him get up from the chair, you can smile again..... and so on...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Tell him, "Don't hate the player. Hate the game."

Do what's best for YOU! You feel good. You look good. Why on earth should he stifle you? He is lucky his woman is fit and strong. I'm sure you'll continue to progress and drop more body fat and get even more spectacular. Let him watch it happen.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Tell him if he doesn't want to look like a p*ssy next to you, he should start lifting too! *kidding!*

IMO, what matters is how YOU feel about your new body. It does sound like he's insecure with your new physique. Sit down and chat. Hopefully, that can clear the air.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Start practising your posing routine in front of him, ask him which is your strongest pose.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Gather you're joking.

Shouldn't you be asking this question to everyone that's saying he's jealous?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of men who love beautiful, muscular women if he can't deal with it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Impossible to seriously give advice on someone's marriage with these little snippets of information. You know the man better than we do. Personally, if I was doing something I liked doing then I would continue. Quite often the people making untoward comments just need time to adjust to the new you. And if they don't, whatevs.

But I have no answer as to how you should deal with him. He's your husband, how do you usually deal with him? This can't be the first time you didn't see eye to eye.

bro, you didn't know that MFP stands for "Marriage Fitness Pal"....?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

Gather you're joking.

Shouldn't you be asking this question to everyone that's saying he's jealous?

Yes, it's a joke.

It's a common response on a relationship thread.....and other threads.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    tell him if he want to heckle you, he can "buy tickets....to the gun show" and then flex your arms haha. use a bit of humour to lighten the mood.

honestly, talk to him and ask him if he feels weird about it.

my hubs always teases me about "hulking out" and my "bro workouts". i know it's in good fun and we have a laugh. ultimately, you're doing this for YOU and if YOU like it, then that's what matters. he just has to deal.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Well... I have asked my husband how he feels about my getting leaner (not that I could call myself ripped AT ALL)... I have fairly large muscles for a girl and have yet to bulk, though I'd like to. To be honest, if my husband said he'd prefer I don't do a bulk I would consider honoring his wishes... because, well, he's my husband and I care what he thinks and wants.

EDIT: I'm grateful he seems to like my body still and is fine with me getting even bulkier. He still outweighs me by over 100 lbs.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy keep going.
    Odds are he'll learn to like it. Is there any chance you could get him to workout with you? Sometimes people need to put in the effort to appreciate the results.

If that doesn't work, use your new muscles do smack some sense into him.
    "Look what my muscles can do! *smack*"
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Serve him a sandwich and beer in your birthday suit and 6" heels.