Jillian on Biggest Loser... too much?

Options

Replies

• HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You got to remember they don't show the entire show too. I listen to all the podcast shows and she talks about how much they cut off and they miss the 2 hrs. of talking to someone..etc which has frustrated her a lot. She would not do it if she didn't have the passion to love others!! I missed the last show, but I am sooooooo happy that Danni won!! She totally deserved it!!!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Jillian made a winner last night. She knows what she is doing. She yells to get er done, but it doesn't appear her successful clients mind.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Furthermore, reality tv has to have something odd, unique, dramatic, etc or it wouldn't be good enough to watch. This is tv. She's the one pegged as the "yeller". It may be just for ratings. Furthermore, each ptrainer on there has a different technique they use to motivate. Different things motivate different ppl. Some ppl need what Jillian throws out there.
  • kumade8
    kumade8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    She can be a hard *kitten* or easy. But who won this year?
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I like her. She is "get serious or get out". I don't think I could ever train with her, but I like her.
  • melmiller91
    melmiller91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has already been said but...

I listen to Jillian's podcasts and on one of them she talked about this very issue. The producers cut out a lot of the taping so they only show the tough side. On this podcast she talked about how she had many conversations with her team members and how it isn't always just yelling, yelling, yelling. The audience doesn't see the whole story and they don't know why she's doing what she's doing.

I guess that's TV for you, huh? I love Jillian either way :)
  • wswing
    wswing Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    too much... AWESOMENESS!!!!! ummmm... yeah, i'm team jillian all the way :wink:
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It was rigged. My baby Alex should have won.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well if they just did what she tells them to do she wouldn't have to yell.
  • ameliayaron
    ameliayaron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work in TV... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that that's her "character" and it's put on for the show. She is probably a tough trainer but what you see is a whole training session compressed into 3 minutes. No kidding it looks like all she does is yell.... that's the sections the story producer has cut together so that her character or brand comes through the story line.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    She gets no control over the editing either - agreed with the other people that listen to her podcast, she was going crazy over this a few weeks ago.

She just thinks that the people that made it onto the show should WANT to be there, and want to WORK, and she gets frustrated when they don't (hence the yelling).

After the yelling she sits down and talks through the issues with her contestants.

Plus I'm sure the 2 kids, no sleep, live tour, new book and new DVDs didn't help with her patience this season!
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just a few moments make me think Bob and Dolvett arent kittycats either.

I'd take Jillian, I need the tough love.

Besides, didn't really hurt Danni did it?
  • Macbobbins
    Macbobbins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love her. Go hard or go home.

This. Love this. Jillian is a great motivator.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love her. If anything on this last season, we didn't see ENOUGH of tough Jillian. But she's a mama now so maybe she's softened a little. ;)

I missed her so much the 2 seasons she was gone, I mean I love Bob, and Dolvett has grown on me (and he's hot!) but it wasn't the same without Jill.

The thing about her is, she's been through it, she's been obese, and knows how that feels. I think that's where her passion and drive comes from.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Jillian is the only reason why I started watching The Biggest Loser again and apparently she's doing something right or they wouldn't have her back I love Jillian... under all of her screaming she truly cares about the contestants
  • samantha1373
    Options
    I have to say tho dani the winner said to her she doesn't respond well to the yelling it made her shut down, and she stopped! I think there are def those that need it! I think it helps break them down and gets them to open up about their issues! would I love it probably not but If i looked amazing as the end result its be ok!
  • Goshencooks
    Goshencooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't stand her but she is the reason I look as well as I do after 3 months. I use her 30 day shred and her six week six pack . I love the 30 day shred because it's only 20 minutes and WOW what a workout! When I finish one of her workouts I always tell my husbadn "I hate her, I think she's trying to kill me" :)
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    I only watched a couple episodes WAY back in season 1 of the show. I thought it would be inspirational to see these big people losing all this weight. Boy was I wrong. Seeing people work out till they puke is no more healthy than what got us fat in the first place. Secondly, I remember that the team that lost whatever challenge it was they did would have like 10lbs added to their group weigh in to determine which group won for the week and I just remember thinking that that was about the most disgusting thing I'd ever witnessed. Let's take these people who have all worked really hard (blood, sweat, tears, puke, the whole nine yards) and punish them by not even giving them credit for what they accomplished. I was so sickened by the show that I never went back. I do hope it's changed in all these years but I've never had an inclination to find out.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't watch the show, but I've heard JM was pretty tough on the people there, I just went to youtube to see what the hubbub was about.....

I don't like how she's screaming at people but....

1. It's T.V. it's mostly for show/ratings. Wouldn't it be nice if people would tune in to a show similar but with lots of encouragement and compassion? Not going to happen these days......

It's a sad reality, but people tune in to watch people being disparaged, they enjoy that, they laugh, they disparage out loud themselves probably....

2. That said, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the people she's yelling at, because they wanted to be there.

On a different note...JM workout dvd's are great, and people see good results from them, so she knows how to make you shed the weight, that's another reason why she's on the show, besides boosting the ratings, which is the number 1 reason she's there, lol.
  • family_girl2626
    Options
    I am not too sure I could respond positively to her methods although she did get to the heart of the contestants emotional issues and they all appreciated her for that. All the trainers were fantastic.