C25K

Options
hope002
hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
I did day1 week 9 of c25k today. I run (well jogged - 5.6mph) for 30 mins strait. When I started on Feb 1 if someone would have told me that I would be able to do so, I would have thought they are crazy!!!! I barely could run for 30 secs.

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. Great job. I can't wait until I get there.
  • hope002
    Options
    Thanks
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm on Week 6. Great program.
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    nice! I just finished week 1, lol, but I can't wait until I finish!
  • Ddkrause
    Ddkrause Posts: 15
    Options
    My workout buddy and I did the same program last year, it is amazing what you can do, isn't it!??!?!?! Good for you!! Do you have a plan for a 5k in your future? I did my first one at the end of October, it was a great thing to accomplish! Very happy for you!!!!
  • hope002
    Options
    My workout buddy and I did the same program last year, it is amazing what you can do, isn't it!??!?!?! Good for you!! Do you have a plan for a 5k in your future? I did my first one at the end of October, it was a great thing to accomplish! Very happy for you!!!!

Yes, I am going to register for a 5k for April 27. I hope I can improve my speed though
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Woohoo - its the greatest feeling isn't it!! I completed C25K about a year ago and am now running distances that I never could have conceived of before!
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    I love C25K! Because of it, I was able to run my first 5K last January. I now am working on my first 10K for June and I'm using the 10K app -- you should give it a try!

Great job!
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Great job! This is a goal of mine at some point, but currently my knees will now allow it. Nice job!!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    C25K is awesome!
    I am starting over from over 5 years of not beinag able to run due to illness.
    I just ran Day 1 Week 5!
    What a great way to help people get started and/or start over!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Sooooo great! I can't wait to get there. I did week 3, day 2 today.
  • rockyshrode
    rockyshrode Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress!! Congrats on your 30min run! :flowerforyou:
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is super awesome!! Congrats!! I love c25k - tomorrow is day 2 of week 7 for me. Great work!
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this app! :smooched:

I feel so good when I complete a day, and I never thought I would be jogging such a distance UNTIL my friend asked me to run a 5K with her last October. I didn't quite run that one much, but I jogged almost the entire 5K we did together this past January. I wasn't fast by ANY means, but it was amazing to know that I only had to walk the extreme uphill section, and the rest I slow jogged (what I call a wog = walking/jogging). I think with this app I have been able to lose these past 35 pounds.

Great job you for sticking to it and loving your own success! :happy:
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

What app did you use? There are SO many out there.
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I need to start C25K again, but I remember the first time I did the 30 min straight it was so exciting, good job!
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I am on W2D2 tomorrow on my lunch hour might as well get paid to work out...lol
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm on W4D2 tomorrow, halfway there =)
  • hope002
    Options
    Congrats!

I am using Run Double. I love it. Next I am going to do 5k to 10k - same app
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I am using Run Double. I love it. Next I am going to do 5k to 10k - same app

Is it a free app? I'm going to look into it. Thanks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!