High calorie healthy foods?

Options
I am looking for some easy filling, high calorie foods. I recently realized that I was burning a lot more calories than I was consuming and that led to a 2200 calorie deficit a day. My weight loss stalled really bad because of this and now I'm finding it really hard to eat 3200 calories of healthy foods. It is starting to feel more like a chore than anything. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    almonds all day!
    peanut butter(natural preferably)
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    Is there any types of nuts that i should avoid? I don't like eating the same thing over and over.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Is there any types of nuts that i should avoid? I don't like eating the same thing over and over.
    None you need to avoid, but you should definitely get some honey roasted cashews. Soooooo good.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    the candy or sugar coated ones . preferably not the salted one either
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are your friend when it comes to sneaking in extra calories. For instance, I have a peanut butter and banana smoothie (peanut butter, banana, milk) that's 326 calories, and a mango-avocado smoothie (1 banana, 1/2 an avocado, milk, mango juice) that's over 400. Because they're liquid, they feel like I'm not eating, so it's an easy way for me to up my calories for the day. Using 2% or whole milk instead of skim will also help bump up your intake.
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The only nuts you should avoid are salted and flavoured ones.
    Avocado is very rich in nutrients.
    Maybe try making your own hummus or bean dip and snack on that with carrot sticks? Very yummy and good for you.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Avocado, nuts, salmon, peanut butter, bread, pasta.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    PB& co makes delicious peanut butter in like 5 million different flavours.

try the dark chocolate dreams, it tastes like nutella but 100X better :flowerforyou:
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    For instance, I have a peanut butter and banana smoothie (peanut butter, banana, milk) that's 326 calories,

Drool!

I never have extra calories left over. I need to stay out of these threads.
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    I will have to try those shakes. thanks for sharing that. I feel like I eat plenty so adding calories that way sounds perfect.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    why would you get candy coated nuts when regular raw nuts are already high calorie, yummy, and really good for you?

but yeah, nuts, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, animal fat (i save the grease from my bacon to use in place of butter), sweet potatoes, potatoes in general... lean meats... I do about 3,000 cal/day eating just meat, fish, veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds - feel free to check out my diary!

good luck. :)
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Do you like coffee? I will put one tablespoon of coconut oil in the blender, add some coffee and blend it up. Makes it like a latte. Just be careful. The top will pop off the blender! The coconut oil is a healthy fat and is supposed to be really good for you. All kinds of health benefits and I think it tastes good!! I made it the other day with espresso, coconut oil and almond milk. Very tasty!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    The best shake ever is 2 cups milk, 1 banana, 4tbs peanut butter, chocolate whey, and 1 cup of oatmeal.

This is over 1,000 calories, it makes 64oz.

my bulking shake was like...

protein powder
    banana
    coconut oil (1 tbsp)
    peanut butter (2 tbsp)
    chia seeds
    flaxseeds
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 cup almond milk

Also about 1,000 cal

you wanna boost calories, shakes are the way to do it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate :smile: