New Snack Ideas??

Options
I've been eating a LOT of apple & peanut butter for snacks. Borderlining on about half of my daily intake, and a lot of the time I don't eat it because I'm hungry but just because I feel like it. So, I NEED new snack ideas... low calorie but healthy.
Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Replies

• delor44
    delor44 Posts: 71
    Options
    Celery with any of the light laughing cow (I love the garlic/herb) or celery with hummus. Also fat free greek yogurt. Those are my go to's
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i forgot to mention... i HATE celery -.- yikes. i wish i liked it, but i don't.
    fat free greek yogurt doesn't sound like a bad idea :) thanks!
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I tend to lean toward high protein snacks.....

Boiled egg
    Nuts
    Yogurt
    Nutrigrain or other type of bar (be careful here though)
    Slim fast
    Pretzel and peanut butter
    Fresh or dried fruit
    Meat and cheese stick (watch the calories and fat here though)

I guess it depends on whether you like sweet or salty.
  • katerinajulia
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas! i should just print a list out and keep it on my fridge or something to remind myself that i CAN eat other things
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    3 dried apricots and 11 almonds. Bare Naked Fit granola with greek non-fat yogurt. Baby carrot and hummus. You could also have the laughing cow cheese on baked woven wheat crackers.
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    pita bread and hummus
    carrots, raw zucchini and bell pepper with hummus /low cal dip made with greek yogurt and seasoning
    greek yogurt
    cheese and whole wheat crackers (I have to severely watch myself with this one and measure everything....)
    I keep lara bars and luna bars on hand for when I'm out and ravenous so I don't buy junk food or gorge once I make it to my kitchen
  • ropermom
    ropermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ,Frozen blueberries, frozen black cherries,chocolate chips, half an avocado with 10 chips, slice of cheese melted in micro between 2 pieces of toast, boiled egg, dry rice chex cereal, raisins:smile:
  • ladymidge
    ladymidge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Healthy snacks are so important. A few things that I like are cream cheese on a green pepper with lemon pepper sprinkled on top, greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon, cheese and carrot combo, grapefruit with honey, 12 dark chocolate chocolate chips. Eat slowly with a big glass of ice water.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like hummus with carrots. And, maybe this is weird, but I like to top wasa light rye crispbread with low fat cottage cheese and a little honey.
  • Iamworthinvestingin
    Iamworthinvestingin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    there is a gluten free nature valley nut bar that is simply delish - and it has about 13 carbs
    sm sliced apple, 1/4 c walnuts and 6 triscuits
    sm sliced apple, 1/8 c almonds, 1 slice cheese, a few raisins
    yogurt covered raisins
    sliced pear w/almonds
    activia yogurt - 4 oz
    cottage cheese and fruit - like pineapple, pear, peaches ...
    french vanilla yogurt with cantalope
    pretzels
    applesauce
    sliced red bell peppers
    radishes w/salt

I hope you like the ideas -
  • katerinajulia
    Options
    i love all of these new ideas! thank you :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I snack all day.. look at my diary.. lol.

I am told I eat weird foods too.. i don't think I do.. but my co workers tease me. lol
  • becplumpton
    Options
    hard boiled eggs!
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    Smoothies!
    hard boiled egg
    string cheese
    organic fruit snacks
    dried fruit
    dry cereal
    yogurt
    apple sauce
    jello cups
    nuts
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I've been eating a LOT of apple & peanut butter for snacks. Borderlining on about half of my daily intake, and a lot of the time I don't eat it because I'm hungry but just because I feel like it. So, I NEED new snack ideas... low calorie but healthy.
    Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

First don't eat if you aren't hungry... you aren't trying to bulk so its unnecessary.

Second, peanut butter is not ideal for weight loss due to the large quantity of pretty useless fat. Try almond butter or PB2.

Favorite snacks - tomatoes with balsamic and basil; oranges; carrots and blue cheese yogurt; babybel; lean ham and mustard
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is AWESOME for you!! The fat is contains is the good fat that your body NEEDS to lose weight! PB2 is bad for you! A bunch of chemicals thrown together and made to taste like peanut butter.

the closer to nature you get the better you will feel, the more weight you will lose and the more likely you will be to keep it off!!
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Peanut butter is AWESOME for you!! The fat is contains is the good fat that your body NEEDS to lose weight! PB2 is bad for you! A bunch of chemicals thrown together and made to taste like peanut butter.

the closer to nature you get the better you will feel, the more weight you will lose and the more likely you will be to keep it off!!

This is bullish!t. I don't mind you disagreeing but you are talking out of your *kitten*. Research before typing. A simple google search of PB2 ingredients would have helped you not look stupid.

And you are misinformed regarding peanut butter being a "good fat." It's not as bad as other options but certainly not as good. BTW. Your body doesn't NEED fat to lose weight. It needs fat for cell growth. Most Americans eat waaaaaay too much fat.