HELP I CANNOT STOP EATING ICE CREAM!

Options
Everyday after iv eaten my lunch, I head straight down tot he shop and get me a chocolate paddle pop (chocolate ice cream) or something similar.

They are only 100ish cal and they almost always fit into my day, But its probably not the best thing to be doing. Iv have got myself into a habit and now i cannot stop!

its also money wise, it all adds up!

Anyone got any ideas on how to help stop myself from doing this!

Replies

• Alex12smith
    Alex12smith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Make your own with yoghurt and berries or something? That'll be healthier?

Or if it's the walk, then just go for a walk and listen to some music or an audiobook at lunchtime?
  • williecruiser
    Options
    Theres a difference beteen "can"t" and "won't".
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    the more you eat sweets the more you crave them
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I do think its pure boredom, I use to do a lot of walking at lunch time with a work friend but know shes 20 weeks pregnant and love ice cream just as much as i do!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen blended bananas with a protein whey.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    the more you eat sweets the more you crave them

Yeah exactly the problem, I have got into the habit now! i don't eat like that normally at all. i have never been a fan of chocolate either im a cheese person
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Firebomb the ice cream shop. Do it at night of course so no one gets hurt. Then the temptation is removed. Problem solved.

You're welcome,
    Jimmy the Match
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

thats a great idea for when Im at home! i think it would be yucky before lunch?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with a 100 calorie yummy if it fits into your day.
    if it's an issue of the money adding up, or it makes you feel out of control, then by all means, try to reduce the frequency, but if you just think it's "bad" for you, don't worry about it. You don't need to make 100% healthy choices to be healthy. For some people, myself included, building in daily tasty treats helps keep me on track.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    Firebomb the ice cream shop. Do it at night of course so no one gets hurt. Then the tempataion is removed. Problem solved.

You're welcome,
    Jimmy the Match

ahahahha :laugh: :laugh: yes!!!
  • tiddlebit11
    tiddlebit11 Posts: 182
    Options
    I used to make 'banana icecream'

well sort of

If u peal a banana then cut it up into pieces and freeze it...then, after is it frozen, let it thaw just a bit ... it gets the consistency of icreceam! Its delicious and healthy!!!! :D
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help ya. I'm not gonna stop eating mine. No good reason too =)
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    you would be a perfect match with the pop tart guy
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    make sugar free instant chocalote pudding with 2% milk at home : ) its really good! cheaper, and healthier. also some frozen yogurt places have fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt. but the chocalote pudding is reeallyy good
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

thats a great idea for when Im at home! i think it would be yucky before lunch?
    not really... I think the reason why ice cream causes excess cravings is because it's a carb/sugar heavy meal that's not balanced. a little bit of protein and health fats like nuts may cause you to have less cravings through out the day.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    there is nothing wrong with a 100 calorie yummy if it fits into your day.
    if it's an issue of the money adding up, or it makes you feel out of control, then by all means, try to reduce the frequency, but if you just think it's "bad" for you, don't worry about it. You don't need to make 100% healthy choices to be healthy. For some people, myself included, building in daily tasty treats helps keep me on track.

Its totally more the money thing, I have no problem with having things like that if there within my goals! a little bit everyday all though it doesn't sound like much but it all adds up.

$2 dollars a day $14 dollars a week times about a month iv been doing it for!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Shock therapy? One less person eating ice cream, means just a little more for the rest of us.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    make sugar free instant chocalote pudding with 2% milk at home : ) its really good! cheaper, and healthier. also some frozen yogurt places have fat free/sugar free frozen yogurt. but the chocalote pudding is reeallyy good

That it a brill idea! just put some a tupperwear and put in the fridge till lunch! :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    They are only 100ish cal and they almost always fit into my day, But its probably not the best thing to be doing. Iv have got myself into a habit and now i cannot stop!

So... what's the problem?

Seriously, if it fits into your day, don't stress about it. Personally I get on kicks where I have a candy bar a day for a few days in a row, but eventually it gets out of my system. But if you're really worried about it, try some different snacks - experiment a little to find something good that hits the same spot. In my experience, as much as I like a Snickers bar, I would take Dannon's Greek yogurt over one in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't have known that until I decided to try something new.
  • Netwalks
    Netwalks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Walk to the shop, past the shop and back to work!