1 YEAR PROGRESS! FROM THE 300'S TO THE 100'S! PIC HEAVY

Options
stephross88
stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
My name is Stephanie. I'm 24. At my highest weight I was a whopping 302 pounds. I am 5 ft 3 in tall. That is a ton of weight to carry on my small frame. I started my weight loss journey in March 2012. At a routine doctor's appointment my doctor told me that I would die very young if I didn't change my ways which meant, I needed to lose weight, and a lot of it if I wanted to live. I have a 4 year old son, I had to do something. My blood pressure was way out of control and more than half of my body was composed of fat, I had a BMI of 52. I weighed in today at 199 pounds. I fluctuate between 199 and 201 at this point. I still want to lose another 50 pounds or so. Here are some before and now pictures 1 year in!
I will admit, I am very embarrassed about the before's, but happier about where I am now!

Before:

afea1s.jpg

2ajyped.jpg

2a4uvlh.jpg

20koxtw.jpg

2nqfcxl.jpg

adkow3.jpg

During:

wqt54n.jpg

ogfgp1.jpg

2hyz4w7.jpg

1f8uo6.jpg

Now:

29qb2xk.jpg

2lw9dli.jpg

20qgt93.jpg

5la1yh.jpg

ejvgpc.jpg

Replies

• donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic.

Thanks for sharing your story.
  • jennaryan1205
    jennaryan1205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!! You are gorgeous! Good job girl!
  • toritumtum
    Options
    you are a hero. thank you for saving lives. be proud of it. good job
  • alastria
    alastria Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are 199 now? You look like you're 160...are you sure that scale is correct? You look fantastic and you have an extremely beautiful face. May I ask you some personal questions? If you find them offensive, I really apologize, I don't mean to be rude. 1st, I wanted to know how your chest reacted to the weight loss. Did they shrink, do they sag? Also, 2nd - this may be a little sensitive and rude to ask, but it looks like you are married and happy with a child, but was wondering if you found your husband during your overweight period in time? In my location, people are extremely health conscious (my province AND city has the lowest obesity rate in the entire country) so people can be very, very, very shallow when it comes to appearance. Fat is the kiss of death. May I ask you how your weight affected you socially and how it affected your love life prior to your marriage? (or during your marriage as well?)
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is a great story. Be proud, very proud. You look great btw!!!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story, Stephanie! You have so much to be proud of, and you look amazing!! :)
  • Sharonsja
    Sharonsja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Awesum! Well done - this is truly the motivation I need -
  • MtnGirl525
    Options
    You GO GIRL!!!!!
  • InNeedOfAFitnessPal
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You look like you are in the 160's. I can't wait to see a 1 before my weight.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I've seen your previous posts on here! You're still doing amazing, keep at it!
  • SimonHookham
    SimonHookham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great story and well done. You'll do it. You obviously have the motivation!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! *Claps hands!!!*
  • Melishark
    Melishark Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats ..that's AMAZING! .. I might I add you have a very handsome little red hair there. :p

Please share your best tips ... what did you / do you eat to keep the weight coming off? It seems like if I eat even one piece of bread I stall out. .. Did you exercise alot? and if so .. did you eat back some of your calories? That's a HUGE hang up for me .. it's hard to eat them back .. I feel like I'm cheating.

Again .. CONGRATS! .. you look great!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's impressive!!!!!! Well done!!!!
  • mdawson47
    mdawson47 Posts: 51
    Options
    Well done, you really are a star, and a great motivator.
    Thank you for sharing yout pics with us x
  • mdawson47
    mdawson47 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats ..that's AMAZING! .. I might I add you have a very handsome little red hair there. :p

Please share your best tips ... what did you / do you eat to keep the weight coming off? It seems like if I eat even one piece of bread I stall out. .. Did you exercise alot? and if so .. did you eat back some of your calories? That's a HUGE hang up for me .. it's hard to eat them back .. I feel like I'm cheating.

Again .. CONGRATS! .. you look great!

Hi,
    I am pretty new to this so can you tell me what you mean about eating calories back?
    Am i sopossed to get the amount I exercise off?
    Any help would be great.
    Thank you
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 160 comments, like where are you going to loose 50lbs more from!!!

You look great, your little chap looks like fun, have you been back to the Doctors?
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. What a beauty you are! You've come a long way in a year. Very inspiring.
  • fat2skinnyanne
    Options
    Hi Fives to you!!!! You have a gorgeous face and found the courage to over came your fears to fine the real person hiding with you! May you find even further courage to finsh the job and embrace yourself and the world! Well done!!!!
    Anne :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!