feet getting numb

Options
2»

Replies

• KimmyCain
    KimmyCain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. Using my heel seemed to really help a lot today. Hopefully it isn't getting new shoes since the ones I have aren't very old.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Tarsal tunnel, similar to carpal tunnel, only in the foot. Repetitive movement.

Do something else. Like lift heavy.

If deadlifts were easy, they'd be called ellipticals. Just sayin'

Why is there two answers that seem to run through most threads on MFP - one is "Eat more" or you will store fat - this breaks the laws of physics and the other one is "lift heavy" - okay, but how will that keep me fit to run, running races involves running in training.

you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. but lifting enhances my cycling; you just can't max training in both at the same time. there are many many runners who lift.
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mine go numb too. I just got new shoes, and she (the saleslady) laced them very loosely. That helps, but I have to alternate jogging days with one long, one short. Otherwise the middle toes on one foot go numb. I have no arch to my foot, so finding shoes is difficult. That said, the stationary bike is so much worse than the elliptical (for foot numbness) and jogging outside seems to work best. I also take walking breaks when jogging, every few blocks. I just walk with a very long stride then. Helps the blood circulate back into my feet.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Undo your laces. Miracles will happen.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It is your Dorsal Pedal artery.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If everyone could dead lift wouldn't life be boring, and we wouldn't need elliptical's for us middle aged ladies! Just saying...
  • rodeooo
    rodeooo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine did that too when I first started on the elliptical. What worked for me was to keep my heels firmly planted and to press with my heels on the downward step. The numbness went away immediatly. Something you could try! Good Luck!
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I had exactly the same thing.

Turns out I was wearing the wrong size shoes even though I was absolutely convinced of my shoe size all my life and my feet were not cramped in any other shoes.

If you have the facility near you go to a running shop where they offer free gait analysis, I would 100% recommend this.