New and living near Richmond Virginia.

Options
Hi I'm Jackie, My friend in England (I'm British by the way) suggested this app to me so we can support each other.......I'm loving it! It's made me aware of just what has been creeping into my diet since I have been here in the US. Some good, like watermelon (not big back home), I adore it and can't wait for the summer again when it's in abundance again but also some not so good stuff like sugar. I only satrted this week and I'm sure I've not lost any weight as I have been over my 1200 cals every day but as I said I am aware now and that's important. I have put on 15lb since I have been here (two years in MI one year in VA) so it's time to 'nip it in the bud' and find food that I can live with. Any suggestions would be very welcome so would meeting anyone living in my area......it's preety lonely when you move to a state where uou don't know anyone.

Replies

• kxdesigns
    kxdesigns Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie!

The name is, Kay and I'm new to the Richmond, VA area, two months new. I live on Forest Hill Ave near the Forest Hill Park. I just started walking one mile and some change in the mornings. I wake up at 5:30AM and leave the house at 6AM...I walk from one end of my block to the next, brisk walking 3.5 mph.

If you'd like to exercise together please let me know. I can meet you where you're at or vis/versa. I don't currently have a vehicle so any place far would be difficult for me.

Stay motivated!
    K~
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm close to Richmond (always there for work :) Also a Brit, altho, I have been stateside a lot longer
  • Gottaluvme7
    Options
    I'm in Richmond (live near the Fan). Anyone interested in working out together - I could always use and give the motivation to make it happen. Hit me up!!