Always above recommended sugar intake

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone else was having a hard time staying within the recommendations for sugar intake. I stay under calorie and carb intake but sugar seems almost impossible. I don't eat enough fruit and want to incorporate more in my new eating habits. But if I eat 2 pieces a day i'm over the top! Other than that I love this app. I've been using it for a week now and have lost 3 lbs already. Seeing my calorie allowances go up when I do my exercise motivates me to get moving. :happy:

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone else was having a hard time staying within the recommendations for sugar intake. I stay under calorie and carb intake but sugar seems almost impossible. I don't eat enough fruit and want to incorporate more in my new eating habits. But if I eat 2 pieces a day i'm over the top! Other than that I love this app. I've been using it for a week now and have lost 3 lbs already. Seeing my calorie allowances go up when I do my exercise motivates me to get moving. :happy:

good for you! don't worry about the fruit though - fruit sugars don't spike your insulin response the same way as refined sugars like juice/soda/sweets because of all the fiber.

good luck! :)
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've had good success not worrying about sugar and focusing on just my sodium and calories. Eggs have carbs and cholesterol. Fruits have Sugar but the sugar in fruit is actually not that bad for you and the fat and cholesterol in eggs won't hurt you either. stay away from just egg whites because the yolk is where all the nutrients are. I will almost guarantee if you moderate your sodium intake you will see results because sodium retains water.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm having raisins today and a Chobani yogurt for an afternoon snack later. That puts me at 0 sugar left for dinner. I figure that I could have done way worse and had my sugar come from chocolate cake. I'm going to try not to go over with unhealthy sugars.
  • jofjess
    jofjess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with sugar. I have a banana with breakfast and it puts me at about half!. I decided to lean heavier on the veggies instead of fruit and that seems to help but I still go over. I've come to the discovery because of this though, that I was having a hard time with Weight Watchers because I was eating way too much fruit. It doesn't count on WW so you can eat as much as you want. The amount of calories and sugar that was entering my body due to sugar from fruit was astounding. I love fruit and was eating a ton! Luckily for me I love veggies and have been eating more of those and keeping my fruit to one or two a day. BTW, I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks too and I'm looking forward to see how this adjustment works out.