how many calories do you consume?

Options
divid
divid Posts: 68 Member
Wondering how you guys calculate how many cal a day you eat. Mfp tells me I should eat a low number, my trainer says between 1500-1700 and doing the BMR method it tells me to eat 2165 ish. Thoughts? I've lost 25 and still have about 50 to lose.

Replies

• enaid08
    enaid08 Posts: 10
    Options
    I would go with what the trainer suggest because you'll loose weight more quickly that way. If you ever feel yourself beginning to quit dieting, stick with what the BMR calculator says for a few days. It'll give you a nice break but keep you on track. Congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I usually end up between 1550-1700, depending on activity. I find higher is better because it's something I can do long-term. If I were hungry all the time, there's no way I could stick with it.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Depends on the week and how active I have been... this week I've consumeed about 1630 per day, but last week when I was more active, it was 2100 per day.

I have a calorie goal of 1360 per day (trying to lose a 1/2 pound a week), but I also eat back all my exercise calories.

How much you eat is very much an individual thing and it takes a lot of time, patience, and trial and error to find what works for you. Just keep working with the numbers and you will find something that works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I try between 1200-1300 on days I don't work out since I have a TDEE of about 1650. This makes for extremely slow weight loss, but I'm down to the last 10 pounds and don't want to starve myself.