30DS

Options

Replies

• MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There is a large group of us starting NEXT MONDAY 25th and we have a support group if anyone would like to join us?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12856-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred

Hi- I clicked on the link and it just takes me to the general MFP group page. Can you invite me?
  • jemcclu1
    jemcclu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Tonight will be my 3rd night of the 30DS.
    My starting weight and height is 138 and 5'2'. I eat 1200-1400 cals a day and am not super ardent about weighing in or taking measurements. I mostly just want to get a little more toned and fit by summertime and if losing weight happens then great! I do the videos in succession, so far.

Sometimes my left knee hurts after the workout also my feet for some reason!

Good luck to everyone!
  • jemcclu1
    jemcclu1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What size weights do people use? I use 5lb weights and this is the first time I've done the shred. It gets insanely difficult to finish the moves near the end especially the last strength training where you do side lunges and lift the weights to eye level... I can barely finish this exercise and by the end my arms are weak and shaky.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    What size weights do people use? I use 5lb weights and this is the first time I've done the shred. It gets insanely difficult to finish the moves near the end especially the last strength training where you do side lunges and lift the weights to eye level... I can barely finish this exercise and by the end my arms are weak and shaky.

3lb dumbells for me :smile: They feel really light when I start - towards the end I can barely lift them
  • SimplyEee
    SimplyEee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've started my second round as well, its great to see how far you've come in the end. In the beggining I could barley lift my arms behind my back to do the strech at the end of the workout! Now they lift nice and high!
  • AbbieMelissa7
    AbbieMelissa7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yh, this also happened to me. Could you invite me aswell please :)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Sweet baby Jesus! O_O

That is a knock out result. If I can get half of that I will be over the moon!

Can I ask what sort of calories you were eating during 30DS? x

I am on Day 22 of the 30DS. I have my caloric goal set to 1247 and I eat about 75% of my exercise calories back, so I average about 1500-1600 calories per day. I am also doing Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing on the Wii to help with my abs and arms and I am doing an 8 week Challenge on the Biggest Loser game for the Wii (it's a 20 minute workout)

I also use 5# weights.
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me what this workout is exactly please. I'm new to this and cant find much information about it. How long do the workouts last for and would you recommend it?

I would MOST definately recommend it. I love it. I've been doing it for 7 days and my skirt is dancing around my waist. I feel muscles when I walk... my shoulders are becoming defined. I havent worked out in years before this so this is all great for me. It's hard, but well worth it. From what I've heard, your supposed to do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I bought the DVD on line for $10, but you can down load it for free; check out the string to find a link (or other 30 DS strings).
  • Babychris11
    Options
    Jillian's DVD's are the one! Especially the 30 Day Shred .. results are great, and I actually enjoy doing it now..I do mute the laptop when I do it though now, so repetetive.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    <3 x x x

This is cute :tongue:
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Is there anything anyone recommends for the knee soreness or will it subside? x

Try soaking in a tub with epsom salts and while your in there try to loosen up the tight areas of your knee by pressing on them..( and calves and thighs)This will be painful but necessary..Its what i do and it really helps take the knee pain away..Make sure you are eating spinach and or nuts for magnesium or taking a magnesium supplement..When i first started 30ds..My knees hurt a lot now hardly a bit..I am on level 3 I love it too..I have lost 4 inches off my waist..just measured today!!!:happy:

^^this I get sore knees, but now I take a calcium magnesium with my protein shake. Bananas help soreness too. But if they are really bugging you, ice and take a day off.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Today will be day 3 level 1 for me. I use 5lb weights and you are right...towards the end on the last strength exercise..I can barely lift the weights to eye level. What I've done on a few of them when it got difficult is just lift one weight at a time and rotate between lifting one weight right hand....lifting one weight left hand...lifting both weights...lifting one weight...lifting one...lifting both. It helps relieve some of the pain until I can do it fully.
  • pannellkat
    Options
    QUESTION!!! Anyone who is currently doing the 30DS - do you plan on going 30 days straight or taking rest days?
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    QUESTION!!! Anyone who is currently doing the 30DS - do you plan on going 30 days straight or taking rest days?
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2, day 5. I am only doing it 3 days per week, and on other days doing C25k, currently on week 4.
    I am noticing results but i will wait until I complete the whole 30 days before I Take my " after" measurements.
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just started Level 3 tonight
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I have 9 days left and I went straight through, everyday
  • pannellkat
    Options
    I am on level 2, day 5. I am only doing it 3 days per week, and on other days doing C25k, currently on week 4.
    I am noticing results but i will wait until I complete the whole 30 days before I Take my " after" measurements.

Thats exactly what I'm doing. I've been doing 30ds every night and couch to 5k 3 times a week. Can't wait to see my results when I'm done. I'm going to try and push thru 30 days straight but don't want to risk injury. We will see. Thanks for the reply.
  • pannellkat
    Options

I have 9 days left and I went straight through, everyday

Wow! Thats amazing! 9 days left? You can do it!
  • emzdiet
    emzdiet Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im starting today, trying to do it alongside the 30 day squat challenge! hopefully i can get the motivation to stick with it, need to see results :)