Ninja Cooking System

Options
04ward
04ward Posts: 196 Member
Has anyone tried the Ninja Cooking System? I just bought one Wednesday and I think I'm REALLY going to like it! It can do so much and allows you to cook so much healthier. Tonight I cut up some potatoes (like fries) and just threw them in the pan with a little pepper and sea salt, put the lid on, turned it on and let it go. They were very good and so easy. Next time I think I will try shredding them then when about done, throw in a couple eggs and stir up to scramble for protein.

The first day I got it, I put frozen cod in to bake for 40 min. My husband and I went to do our workout and when we got done, it was done and still hot. I'm really anxious to try some of the one pot meals and to do more reduced calorie cooking and frying WITHOUT oil! :) Also love how easy it is to clean up. I would like to hear comments or recipes from anyone that has one.

Replies

• 04ward
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    looked at it online. seems like a nifty appliance. if it gets you excited about cooking and making healthy meals, kudos!!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have it!! It's pretty amazing. I don't know if I'll really use our oven much anymore...

We got it about 3 weeks ago and I made pork spare ribs in bbq sauce the first time I used it. We had friends over and they were literally fall-off-the-freakin'-bone amazing. I can't wait to use it more! I do wish it was a little bigger though because I couldn't fit the whole rack of ribs in there, let alone with potatoes and vegetables for 4 people.

It intrigues me that you can also use to to bake things... but it makes perfect sense. Our friends have a dutch oven that they make pineapple upside down cake in and it's so good. I think this would be similar.

Also, to add, we also have a Ninja Blender System (we have a hooked-up kitchen!) and that is also amazing.
  • 04ward
    Options
    I cooked all weekend and I was thinking the same thing........I may never use my stovetop again. It's so easy to throw food in this and let it go. Eggs scramble fast and easy. For dinner I bought some lightly breaded "Stove Top" cook tilapia. Sprayed the pan, 2 little drops of olive oil, 5 min on each side and it was crisp and delicious. Tonight I'm cooking a roast with veggies. Lovin' It! Highly recommend for low fat cooking!
  • minaslefevre
    minaslefevre Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've made shrimp scampi w angel hair pasta, spagetti w meatballs, banana lime coconut bread, hearty skillet lasagna. I love it!