How to get super skinny legs?

Options

Replies

• nycsparkle21
    Options
    I've always been very skinny up top and shapely on the bottom. My biggest mistake was thinking that i could target just any one area of my body. I slimmed out my legs with diet and exercise, just remember you are going to lose fat everywhere else as well. Through my own personal experience I noticed it up top before I did my lower half. For cardiovascular training I absolutely love spinning, and belly dancing. I run occasionally, but its one of my least favorite things to do :tongue: I also weight train, doing legs twice a week.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Get skinny genes.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Get skinny genes.

Best. Answer. Ever.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk!!! Everywhere. Park as far away from where you go as you can and WALK! Walk in your neighborhood or find a park nearby and walk around it a dozen times. I have a Fitbit and it tells me how many steps I have taken, how many miles I walk, how many calories I burn and how many stairs I climb. I aim for at least 5 miles total each day which is 12,000 steps and usually burn around 1600 calories. This is pretty much the only exercise I do each day and I have been doing it since January. My thighs are down 2 inches each so I know this works.

1) My Fitbit is on the way- can't wait!
    2) I've been doing in home walking videos for about six weeks and part of me almost feels like the toning and slimming in my legs is almost disproportionate to the rest of my body.

Strong legs can be slender legs, so I would think walking with squats and lunges- you won't bulk up doing this.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Is this real life

...is this just fantasy? (or just a troll having some fun?)
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can switch with me. I would love it if my legs were bigger.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I know what you mean. It's completely genetic. My problem is the thighs. They're slimming down so slowly! I think you should start running long distance. When you do certain sports or workouts, your body will eventually get the shape that's ideal for your sport and if you look at the runners, they always have super slim butts and legs. Good luck!
    [/quote]

While OP is obviously a troll. . .I have to call BS on this one! I'm a runner. 5k, 10k, 15k, half marathons. And I still have thick thighs. Perhaps not as thick as some, but I'm not rail thin. By any stretch of the imagination. Just because you run, does NOT guarantee thin legs!
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    @Maria44024 - Then I guess it was a stupid question I asked! Since I didn't see a profile pic, I made an assumption. I guess that was sexist of me... I apologize. :embarassed:
  • LoriDavisPotter
    LoriDavisPotter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    toned thighs take high repetition weight or endurance training while overall fat loss is important too -- genetics have to be worked with not against
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    shave.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Get a wheelchair. Yes. I'm serious, get a wheelchair.

The less you use your legs, the more the muscles will atrophy. You have seen this with your own eyes.

However, this is no overnight solution - - this will be a true lifestyle change for you.[1]

Best of luck in your fitness goal.

With love,
    Burt

[1] This is not a healthy thing to do. You should see a psychologist.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    @Maria44024 - Then I guess it was a stupid question I asked! Since I didn't see a profile pic, I made an assumption. I guess that was sexist of me... I apologize. :embarassed:

lol, doesn't bother me in the slightest. I automatically assumed it was a female too, then was surprised to see it was a 19 yr old male. One that either is trolling or has some serious body image/eating disorder issues.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    men shouldn't aspire to wear skinny jeans. they should have to struggle to find jeans that barely contain their thighs.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Chicken legs on men are not cool! Build your upper body to match your lower.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. Tone up your legs and get them nice and firm and strong. Unless you have some radical proceedure, you will probably always have bigger legs - might as well get them strong and looking good.

This!^

I'm a pear ... I will always be a pear .... at 156 pounds and at 106 pounds (yikes!)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    photoshop...

works for the models at Victoria's Secret
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Being fit > Being skinny

I agree with the idea of building more upper-body muscle rather than focusing too much of making your legs "skinnier". Eat to fuel your body, don't view food as something evil.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey now, it may not be what I personally seek in a man, but there are definitely styles and trends out there for very slim men and male skinny jeans, etc. I don't think its totally fair to assume OP is a troll based solely on the fact that its a man.

However, OP, the panic in your post does seem to indicate that you have a very poor body image. If you are nearly skeletal on top then there is just NO WAY your legs are truly "fat" as you say they are. You might benefit from professional help to start seeing yourself more clearly, and you might benefit from strengthening the muscles of your legs to improve their overall look. Basic body weight moves- no machines necessary! Search for leg slimming workout on Youtube that you can do in your house. But consider trying to talk to someone about your body image. Good luck!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    photoshop...

works for the models at Victoria's Secret

Oh man! My boyfriend's roommate has a Sports Illustrated Calendar and there's this one girl whose hips have been photoshoped so much she looks like she's been made from rubber. It's so awful!!
  • DoneBroughtSexyBack
    Options
    men shouldn't aspire to wear skinny jeans. they should have to struggle to find jeans that barely contain their thighs.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789