A month of big changes, do you see any change? *pics*

Options
Hello,
This Friday will be a month since I joined a gym. I have totally changed everything. I exercise a lot, I eat much better. I used to eat fast food at least once a day and drink a ton of soda.

My starting weight is 215 and my weight now is 206. I'm pretty disappointed with that. I was hoping to have lost a lot more.

With that being said, I took some pictures today to compare. I am pretty disappointed in the progress. I don't see any changes in the back and front picture. I think I see a change in belly size on the side pic but it might be my imagination.

What do you all think? Do you see any changes at all?

frontcompare_zps6da3e21f.jpg

BackComparison_zpsa3758494.jpg

leftsidecompare_zps6e3c938d.jpg

Replies

• putput1
    putput1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes i do see changes! good job !
    keep up the good work
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    This Friday will be a month since I joined a gym. I have totally changed everything. I exercise a lot, I eat much better. I used to eat fast food at least once a day and drink a ton of soda.

My starting weight is 215 and my weight now is 206. I'm pretty disappointed with that. I was hoping to have lost a lot more.

With that being said, I took some pictures today to compare. I am pretty disappointed in the progress. I don't see any changes in the back and front picture. I think I see a change in belly size on the side pic but it might be my imagination.

What do you all think? Do you see any changes at all?

frontcompare_zps6da3e21f.jpg

BackComparison_zpsa3758494.jpg

leftsidecompare_zps6e3c938d.jpg

Don't be dissapointed! I can't see your pictures, but I can tell you this; The changes are there. It took me SIX MONTHS to drop the amount of weight that you have dropped in one. Don't be discouraged and don't let yourself feel down. That's incredible!
  • dbal59
    dbal59 Posts: 1
    Options
    I absolutely DO see some changes! Keep up the good work. In another month I bet you'll be buying a size smaller!
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Definitely!!!
  • LynneBoske
    Options
    I see it in the upper and middle waist area. 1 month isnt very long and it takes time. Just keep doing it. Seeing change in that short a time.... can you imagine 6 months from now. WOW. You will feel sooo good. Good Luck!!! Your going in the right direction.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I can see a small differences, I advise buying a tape measure and tracking your progress that way to. :-) plus its only been a month!! 9lb in a month is awesome! I'm lucky if I get 2-3lb!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you forgive me 'playing' with pictures of your body(!), I took the liberty of photoshopping the differences for you - they really are quite good, for 1 month!

UnknownWomanLoss.jpg

Keep it up!
  • amanda1266
    Options
    If you forgive me 'playing' with pictures of your body(!), I took the liberty of photoshopping the differences for you - they really are quite good, for 1 month!

UnknownWomanLoss.jpg

Keep it up!

Haha! That is awesome. I guess there are some small changes!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. There's nothing to be disappointed about...your weight loss comes out to just over 2 Lbs per week...shouldn't really be any faster than that without being under the supervision of a doctor. A lot of people you see dropping jaw dropping pounds in a month or so, it is mostly water...and probably about the same amount of fat as you dropped. Nobody is here to lose water; everyone wants to lose fat, and you're doing a good job. Just keep your expectations in check with reality and keep up the good work.
  • garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options

UnknownWomanLoss.jpg

Keep it up!

TS - You are awesome! So glad you're one of my "friends!"

And to the OP!! I DEFINITELY see a difference in your back pictures, especially...look at the space between your arm and sports bra! Smaller, girl, smaller!! :-) Also, I agree with the other posters...it's been one month!! I am almost done with my first month, and I would LOVE to have seen a 9 pound loss!! Celebrate each pound, each NSV, each milestone, no matter how "small" you think they may be. It's so easy for us to want that "instant gratification" to see the scale move quickly, or fit in our single-digit-sized jeans...but THAT is what will make us fail!! We can't do this quickly because most of the time, when weight comes off fast...it also comes BACK fast! As for me...I'm taking it day by day and celebrating the fact that I'm logging my food every day!

Anyway, I can see a difference, and I congratulate you on your dedication and determination to keep at it!!

~*HAPPY SNOOPY DANCE!!!*~
  • d3va
    d3va Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a change! I wish I could have lost that much myself - I have a similar body image and over the last month and a half I really can't see the different myself - but I can just start to feel it in my clothes. Just a smidge looser. Keep it up - healthy weight loss doesn't happen over night.

Those peeps on the Biggest Loser - many fall victim to quick weight loss and then a weight gain because they go back to normal lives. Don't be them! If you want - change your healthy eating and exercise habits slowly. When they become an everyday thing - you will lose! I promise - but slow and steady means no need to worry about gaining it back quick.
  • MissE4410
    MissE4410 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are being really hard on yourself. I see awesome changes in between your bra and your armpit as well as you waist. I think your calves look like they have more muscle too. Keep going!
  • Emeener
    Emeener Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm going to say what everyone else has said. Yes, there is definite some amount of difference. It might not be monumental yet, but 9 pounds is awesome, and you're on the right track! And keep in mind, the changes aren't always things you can clearly see. There is so much fat hidden between our organs and I can only imagine what the before and after photos would look like if they were on the inside of your body. Please don't give up! Your body is working miracles that you just can't see yet.

Just stay positive, stay strong, and know that you were beautiful a month ago, you are beautiful now, and you will will continue to be beautiful for the rest of your journey :)